Mini CP....How to clear fixed id?

More
29 Nov 2013 18:11 #16067 by jdowdle
Mini CP....How to clear fixed id? was created by jdowdle
I have a mini cp bound to a Devo 8 in fixed id. I also have a Devo 12s, with a bunch of models, and I have noticed the fixed id in the devo 8 does not work in the devo 12 (ver 3.0 deviation), so I have converted most of my models to autobinding, so I can use either transmitter without a hassle.

But I cant seem to unbind, and go to auto with the mini cp like I can with a bind plug on my other models, or like I could with the walkera firmware.

I have done some searching here, and saw something about ver 3.1 and fixed id not the same, don't know if this is going to be fixed soon....

Also, tried putting an improvised bind plug....a short between signal and gnd on the input to the el servo channel on the mini cp. plug in, power up, unplug with power on, bling led should slow down rate, does not wont bind.

Stays on same fixed id.

I can however change the id in deviation, but cannot change to no id.

any help would be appreciated.

thx Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2013 18:36 #16072 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Mini CP....How to clear fixed id?
Fixed Id is not compatible between Tx. This is part of the Devo protocol. We could enable an advanced feature to let you share models across Tx I suppose, but I'm not sure it is a common need.

As far as being able to switch the Rx to auto-connect, I'm really not sure. Except for one of my standalone Rx (which is now locked to a specific Transmitter/channel) I've otherwise had no issue resetting them.

More
29 Nov 2013 18:46 - 29 Nov 2013 18:47 #16073 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Mini CP....How to clear fixed id?
Walkera is not consistent with their bind plugs. Sometimes the signal wire shorted to the ground, but sometimes to the plus side...

Ensure the LED is flashing slowly, otherwise the ID is not cleared.

EDIT: Oh, and in order to use auto binding, you should clear the fixed id in the tx on the model setup page...
Last edit: 29 Nov 2013 18:47 by FDR.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
30 Nov 2013 06:51 #16082 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Mini CP....How to clear fixed id?
I have build some easy bind plugs with a 1kOhm resistor between GND and signal and a second with the resistor between VCC and signal (and this twice for the standard servo plugs and the mini plugs). This way I can be sure not to produce a short which could hurt the receiver if the plug is the wrong one... and it is sufficient for all receivers I tested to recognize it as a bind plug.
Sometimes I have to use different channels until I have success, but at last I cleared every fixed ID with this (I bought some used receivers which won't work at start...).

More
30 Nov 2013 13:38 #16090 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Mini CP....How to clear fixed id?

FDR wrote: ...

EDIT: Oh, and in order to use auto binding, you should clear the fixed id in the tx on the model setup page...

Not directed @ FDR but he mentions it. Why is the default "123456" instead of "None". This is very confusing when you are first trying to set up a model. I am strictly speaking from a user standpoint not as a programmer or as an RC expert either.

More
30 Nov 2013 15:42 #16093 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Mini CP....How to clear fixed id?
Because for testing, I don't want to have the 'binding' screen pop-up every time I make a code change that I need to test. It may not be the most efficient solution, but it is the one I've chosen.
You also really need to define a model before you try to bind it, so it prevents binding a model without at least having spent some time going over the settings. But that is just a benefit, nit the primary reason.

More
06 Dec 2013 11:59 - 06 Dec 2013 12:12 #16319 by jdowdle
Replied by jdowdle on topic Mini CP....How to clear fixed id?
Thanks for all the help. I have done most of what you have said, but what I think I will try again is putting a bind plug in the servo input. I did not try other jumper combinations.

I have noticed with a 10 chan devo receiver I have that they sent a bind plug with jumper from the center to one side, and it was not working well. Walkera instructions are incredibly poor about binding.

One day at the field I became confused and used a spectrum bind plug (OrangeRx)and procedure on the Devo 10 chan receiver and it worked perfectly. That plug is one side to the other, I believe signal to gnd short.

But both my small helicopters used to go from fixed id to auto by transmitter changeover, with no bind plug, if performed on the radio currently bound (on Devo firmware). Now I cannot get that to work on the mini (with deviation). I could try that on the other just to see. What happened is I cleared the fixed id before I switched to deviation. Then I switched to fixed id on deviation. Then I realized both transmitters would not work, so I started clearing fixed id....

will advise of any success.

thanks Jim.

BTW, I had wondered if having the same id on 2 transmitters was a good idea. If devo and spectrum protocols call for them being different, then avoiding collision/conflict is probably the reason.

It seems to me the solution would be for clearing fixed id to be easier, not involving procedures touching the hardware, plugging with power off, unplugging with power on (pulling in and out fragile model power cable!!!). It would be nice if both spectrum and devo supported a command from the transmitter....or am I missing something? Devo software may already do that, but I cant remember if it worked for the larger receivers...and now I don't have Devo firmware in a radio to try.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2013 12:12 by jdowdle.

More
06 Dec 2013 18:02 #16337 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Mini CP....How to clear fixed id?
If you take a look at protocol code, you'll find that the TX id is transformed by mixing in unique identifier from CYRF chip, at least in several protocols. Also, there is unique id of STM32 which can be used for this as well. So same ids does not necessarily mean same internal ids used by protocol.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds