Devo 10: Deviation

More
14 Dec 2013 23:15 #16644 by StikLover2
Devo 10: Deviation was created by StikLover2
Hello all, I am new to these forums after lurking around for a while... I have recently gotten a Devo 10 and was thinking about putting Deviation on it. I want to know the experiences people have had with deviation and if it is generally safe to use. I have heard many impressive things about this software but want to hear it from you guys firsthand.. And thanks! Also, excuse me if this is in the wrong section..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2013 15:18 #16664 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic Devo 10: Deviation
Hi,

I am using v3.0 August nightly build with a D10 since this summer and had many flight hours... no glitches in the air so far, all safe and robust. I am using DEVO, W2601, DSMX and V911 (with module) protocols.

There were some freezes and reboots earlier during programming, but these are fixed already in new builds, and have to say again: all unstability I have seen happened during programming, NOT during flight.

Also, very good sticky throttle hold and cyclic testing algorythms are uploaded to this forum, with plenty of icons and model templates... it's worth to start with those.

Have fun :-)
bm

More
15 Dec 2013 17:14 #16666 by StikLover2
Replied by StikLover2 on topic Devo 10: Deviation
Hello, and thanks for your input. Also, this may sound stupid.., but what are nightly builds? I have never heard of them before. Are they required to use with the deviation software or can you just use the deviation software (3.0.0 for instance)? Sorry for any confusion, i am all new to deviation.

More
15 Dec 2013 17:53 #16668 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 10: Deviation
Every night an automatically buit version is uploaded, if there was some changes in the source files.
So basicly it is the current state...

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds