Inconsistencies when using trims as switches (7E)

More
25 Dec 2013 19:16 #17021 by mikeage
Hi all,

I recently update to today's nightly (b68733b) from 3.0 in order to be able to use the trim buttons as switches. I created the following model, which I would expect would let me use the left vertical trim to adjust Channel 7's value (gyro in my case) and the right trims to act as ELE DR and AIL DR. However, while the left vertical trim works (via Virt2), the right ones don't seem to actually do anything (Virt3/Virt4).

Also, I tried to add a toggle to show the position of the right trims, but nothing seems to show up.

Other than that it should be a fairly straightforward CP setup; the only other fancy thing I have is a sticky throttle hold, based on a post here. I also had to adapt the layout slightly, as it seems there are no meaningful defaults for a 7E.

Any ideas what's wrong?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2013 22:03 - 25 Dec 2013 22:03 #17032 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Inconsistencies when using trims as switches (7E)
The problem is your Virt3/4 mixers.
Go to Virt3 on the Mixer page. Change the switch to 'None', change the scale to 0

I'm not sure which instructions you were following, but here is my original post on setup:

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...art=0&start=20#11844

the important part is:

on the mixer, select the channel from above (Virt1)
set the type to 'complex'
set the Curve to 'fixed'
set the scale to 0
set the trim button to 'Trim' (thanks RBE)

Last edit: 25 Dec 2013 22:03 by PhracturedBlue.

More
26 Dec 2013 03:34 - 26 Dec 2013 03:39 #17039 by mikeage
I think there may be a UI issue here.

I changed Virt4 to have no switch and a scale of 0; it worked. I reset virt3 to none, saved, and tried recreating it. I wound up with the following:

[virtchan3]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Virt3
switch=Virt3
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed

[virtchan4]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=Virt4
dest=Virt4
switch=Virt4
curvetype=fixed

By switching the type to min/max, changing the source to Virt3, saving, and then putting it back to fixed, I was able to get it to work.
Last edit: 26 Dec 2013 03:39 by mikeage.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
26 Dec 2013 17:22 #17053 by rbe2012
Maybe with "curvetype=fixed" for easiness the source should always be "None"?
I was quite sure it will be that way... But it seems as if the former source is saved in the model config, only in the gui (Devo12, advanced) "None" is displayed.

More
26 Dec 2013 17:52 #17057 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Inconsistencies when using trims as switches (7E)
you can't change the source to 'None' That would disable the mixer. it should just be masked by the display (which it is). though I've seen a couple places where it isn't. That would be something to fix.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
27 Dec 2013 09:13 #17081 by rbe2012
Would it be better to set the src internally to the dest (while keeping the displaying as it is)? Seems to me as if this is what is needed for the examples given above...

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds