3 position switch source

More
30 Dec 2013 23:35 #17533 by HappyHarry
3 position switch source was created by HappyHarry
guys does anyone know where i can buy a decent 3 position (SPDT) mini toggle switch that has the same flat style switch toggle as the existing devo7e switches? as i recently fitted my 3 position switch i got from banggood and it has started to fail already :/, as getting it to actually activate the third position is getting flaky, (the switch goes to all 3 positions easily enough, but internally it isn't switching) i've had a look on ebay and at local sources but they only have them with the rounded style switches, and i'd prefer the flat style switch to match the rest of the tx if possible, purely for aesthetic reasons, and maybe because i'm a bit ocd ;)

tia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2013 17:13 #17584 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic 3 position switch source
I've wondered myself. And have been noticing all the 3-pos switches are the round type. Can't find any flat type.

More
31 Dec 2013 18:44 #17590 by Mmon77
Replied by Mmon77 on topic 3 position switch source
If you google "paddle switch" or "flat paddle switch" you will find a bunch. I don't have my tx apart to see whether it's a SPDT or DPDT switch. I would guess SPDT. Several come up that are listed as "mini". I don't know for sure what size you would need either, without tearing mine apart.

Mouser has some, Farnell, Amazon, Parts Express, etc.

More
31 Dec 2013 18:51 - 31 Dec 2013 18:51 #17592 by robca
Replied by robca on topic 3 position switch source
Also try looking for T8014 (the size of the switch, and the on-off-on contact format). I was lucky enough to find a local electronics shop that had the pabble version of the T8014 in stock

Don't forget you need a on-off-on switch, if you want it to act as a true 3-way
Last edit: 31 Dec 2013 18:51 by robca.

More
31 Dec 2013 21:36 #17597 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 3 position switch source
thanks for the info guys, and yeah you need a spdt on-off-on for the 3 way switch, i've found a source here >> www.infinity-hobby.com/main/index.php?cP...50_53&sort=2a&page=2

and for those in the US you can get them from here >> www.radiosouthrc.com/thumbnail.asp?cid=87

but i ended up just replacing my faulty one with a round lever version from my local electronics shop, i will probably re-replace it with a flat version again the next time i place an order for some spare parts lol

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds