Devo 7e + Super CP

More
02 Jan 2014 21:24 #17775 by Scott Bishop
Devo 7e + Super CP was created by Scott Bishop
Hello everyone, I've been creeping on these pages for about a week now and I finally decided to upgrade my 7e to the deviation firmware. After a few stumbles and research I was able to get the firmware loaded without an errors.

My question is this, and sorry if this is in the wrong spot to ask, but when I turn on the SCP and the Devo 7e, it never binds. I've seen quite a bit of contradicting info on this and was hoping someone could clear it up.

1.) Is there a "how to" on how to bind
2.) I've read some about fixed id's, but this being my first and only rc device, I'm not quite certain about that
3.) If there is fixed id's, where do I find that on my heli?

I was thinking this would be an upgrade and then configure the settings for the heli and then I'd be off, but it seems I have missed a few important steps to bind that I can't seem to track down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd like to think I'm pretty savvy at this stuff, but then again, we all get humbled a time or two in life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2014 22:02 #17783 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 7e + Super CP
Clear the fixed id value on the model setup page and try to turn them on again, they should auto bind...

More
02 Jan 2014 22:12 #17786 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic Devo 7e + Super CP
Hi,

1.) you must first configure a model.
You can configure one yourself or,
as a starting point you could pick one from here.
deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs .

2.) If you haven't configured any fixed id's there shouldn't be one and the Heli should bind automatically, as soon as the model is loaded. Same as with the stock FW.
Don't use fixed id's at the beginning!

3.) If there is a fixed id in the Heli you should clear it with the "bind-plug" as is explained in the Manual for Super-CP from Walkera.

More
02 Jan 2014 22:49 - 03 Jan 2014 00:48 #17789 by Scott Bishop
Replied by Scott Bishop on topic Devo 7e + Super CP
Thanks a lot. I've downloaded a couple super cp models from that link you suggested and tried them, though I'm getting no lift. They do, however, state they're for the 3.0 version of deviation, though would that make any difference?
Last edit: 03 Jan 2014 00:48 by Scott Bishop.

More
03 Jan 2014 01:09 #17797 by linux-user
What do you mean with "getting no lift"?
Does the Heli not bind, or just not fly?
There may be some layout issues on the screen but the 3.00 Models should work on 4.00.
Pick one that was designed for the devo7e, as the other TX may have switches configured that are missing on your TX.
The little Walkies (Mini-CP, Super-CP. Genius-CP, V120d02s) are all very similar - at least for the TX ;-)

BTW: If the Super-CP is really your first Heli, I strongly recommand some Simulator training first.
I have < www.heli-x.net/ > - and the USBHID-protocol of deviation is working with it - no need for extra Hardware ;-)

More
03 Jan 2014 01:35 - 03 Jan 2014 01:35 #17799 by Scott Bishop
Sorry, it does bind now(with all the configs I tried), spins up and the tail works(left to right), the front and back movements work, strafing works, it just gets no lift, it stays in reverse pitch the entire time, even at full throttle. I did re-flash it to 3.0 just to see if that would correct it, and it's getting lift now. Who knows, maybe I did something wrong.

It really is "my" first, sort of. My boys have had multiple 3-4 channels, and more recently the wj toys 911, which we have 2 of those.

I wanted to buy something that was more involved and just try and have some fun with it. The CP is definitely a new experience for me, I've already slammed the heli down multiple times not being used to the reversed pitch. I read over the past week that deviation is the way to go with this since you can add wireless modules and control a plethora of other models and manufacturers. And all of this at a pretty reasonable price.

Thanks so much for that link to that Sim, the net is so inundated with information on heli's, some wrong, some right, but as a new user with cp's I have no idea how to decipher what is and isn't. I've been trying to find a sim for days, so that really helps a bunch.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2014 01:35 by Scott Bishop.

More
03 Jan 2014 05:55 #17814 by yidc
Replied by yidc on topic Devo 7e + Super CP
Can you attached your model config here?
A Super CP needs 7 channel altogether, especially ch6 for pitch control

You can also try mine, which works for devo7e + Super CP/Mini CP (*** with 1. sticky throttle hold and 2. throttle trim button used for gyro gain switch ***)
Attachments:

More
03 Jan 2014 16:59 - 03 Jan 2014 17:00 #17859 by Scott Bishop
I've tried quite a few. The last one I tried was coreire. The problem I'm seeing is, I even noticed it on 3.0, is the lift just doesn't seem to be there(worse on 4.0). I finally went back to the walkera firmware and and now it's back to normal, but it seems with every deviation model I tried the lift didn't start until I reached about 65% at best, and others not at all.

linux user, re: heli-x sim, after reading up on that, it doesn't look like it works for the 7e. Thanks for the tip on that, though!

yidc: Here are all the configs I tried. I'm sure I could tweak them some, but I'm still too inexperienced to know what all the settings mean. Still learning. I am stil trying to figure out how to get rid of that negative pitch altogether so I can quit inadvertantly slamming my helicopter down. :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jan 2014 17:00 by Scott Bishop.

More
03 Jan 2014 20:24 #17884 by linux-user
Hi Scott,

Heli-X with deviation is working with devo10, and should do with devo7e as well. The relevant USBHID protocol is available in the menue.
However, you will need at least deviation 4.0.0
The attached model6.ini should give you a "Deviation Gamepad" in Windows, which you should calibrate (in Win7 "Devices and Printers").
To get Heli-X running you need to configure 2 Keyboard-switches to start the motor, as my config doesn't send any switches.
You can download a test version of Heli-x anyway and only risc some hundred megabyte of internet traffic :P

I've just flown yidc's model and would consider it to be "beginner friendly". @yidc: I like your sticky TH

With your "negative Pitch issue" maybe you might find more help in some CP-Heli forums. I suspect your Heli needs mechanical adjustment.
But deviation can help you to check :)
- load the model from yidc
- flip Throttel Hold switch
- go to "Transmitter menu - Channel Monitor" and watch ch6
- move throttle until the output is 0
- now the blades should be at 0° pitch.
(if you put them in parallel the blade's tips should be at the same height, and if you lift the Heli on the rotor-head that shouldn't change.)
Attachments:

More
03 Jan 2014 21:02 - 03 Jan 2014 21:34 #17886 by Scott Bishop
Something was definitely wrong, after doing what you suggested, the blades were 'not' parallel at 0. I noticed one of the servo arms was quite a bit higher causing the swash to be way out of level. I wasn't sure how to adjust that so I just took the servo screw out that attaches to the arm and positioned it so that it appeared to be eye level. Batteries are dead, but once they're charged I'll see if I can manage to wreck it again. This poor helicopter, I've had it for just a bit and it looks like it's a decommissioned Vietnam War chopper.

I reflashed to 4.0 and you're right, the usbhid module is in that. It wasn't in 3.0, which led me to believe it wouldn't work with the 7e.

Thanks again. I took my heli to an rc hobby shop around the corner from me and asked them about it, but they acted like they didn't know anything. They sell blades there and really tried to push me into getting a nano instead of just helping. Your knowledge and willingness to help is greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2014 21:34 by Scott Bishop. Reason: typo

More
03 Jan 2014 21:18 - 03 Jan 2014 21:19 #17888 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic Devo 7e + Super CP
Maybe these vids will help, they are for a "flybared" helicopter, but most of it is applicable to a flybarless.

They are from Finless Bob at Helifreak, how to setup a cp helicopter.

www.incedo.eu/~sjoholmp/helis/t-rex-build/CCPM_Part_1.wmv

www.incedo.eu/~sjoholmp/helis/t-rex-build/CCPM_Part_2.wmv

www.incedo.eu/~sjoholmp/helis/t-rex-build/curves101.wmv

www.incedo.eu/~sjoholmp/helis/t-rex-build/gyro_setup.wmv

And this is the link for the root, where you'll find a bunch of useful vids to.

www.incedo.eu/~sjoholmp/helis/t-rex-build/

This is how to setup a Flybarless in deviation :

www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1226-ho...s-on-custom-firmware
Last edit: 03 Jan 2014 21:19 by blackmoon.

More
03 Jan 2014 23:54 #17901 by Scott Bishop
Thanks blackmoon, those videos are priceless. I appreciate the links.

Btw, that servo adjustment and a little time on that sim helped a ton.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds