Timer to Monitor Transmitter Battery Life

More
06 Jan 2014 04:28 #18040 by henkerhaus
Timer to Monitor Transmitter Battery Life was created by henkerhaus
I would like to set up a timer that runs continuously, whenever the transmitter is powered on, and retains the cumulative value, as a way to measure Transmitter Battery life per charge. Does any one have a suggestion as to how to do that?

Per the Manual (Page 39) a permanent timer should do the trick, but the problem is, it doesn't automatically start running on power up.

Also, it appears that the displayed value is "minutes: seconds". What happens when the timer exceeds one hour? Does it then display "hours:minutes:seconds" (Preferably), or still just "minutes: seconds"? (i.e. 248:52, for 4hours, 8 minutes, and 52 seconds).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2014 04:33 - 06 Jan 2014 04:34 #18041 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Timer to Monitor Transmitter Battery Life
timers are model specific, so you can't set one up that will be persistent across multiple models. You could set up a persistent time triggered off a virtual switch which is always on so it starts on power up, but that only works if you never change models.

I don't think there is any way to achieve what you want. I also don't see the value. The battery usage is highly variable with whether the screen is on, which protocol you are using, and what power-output you have it set on.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 04:34 by PhracturedBlue.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
06 Jan 2014 06:21 #18047 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Timer to Monitor Transmitter Battery Life
If the time exceeds 59:59, the hours are shown too (up to 99:59:59, if my remembrance works correctly).

More
20 Jan 2014 06:45 #18760 by henkerhaus
Replied by henkerhaus on topic Timer to Monitor Transmitter Battery Life
I follow that it makes sense for countdown and stopwatch timers to be model specific, since they are typically used to manage and monitor flight times, and every model could have different battery sizes / capacities / current draws etc, but shouldn't "Permanent" timers really be model independent? (I understand that they're not currently implemented that way, but I'm just asking the question from a philosophical standpoint. i.e. What would one use a permanent timer for, that would REQUIRE being on a per model basis?)

More
20 Jan 2014 07:34 #18761 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Timer to Monitor Transmitter Battery Life
@henkerhaus: One example would be a rebuild schedule based on time rather than number of flights.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds