Unable to bind to all walkera Rx & FHSS

More
06 Jan 2014 15:06 #18077 by kingsleyfhk
Unable to bind to all walkera Rx & FHSS was created by kingsleyfhk
:( After installing the V4.0.1 and below. I am still not able to bind to all my walkera Rx(Super CP, Ladybird & V120do2S). I can't get back to the original walkera firmware. after re-installed the walkera Devo7eV2.0, the display goes haywire. Pls help...I can't get any thing to work now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2014 15:25 #18078 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Unable to bind to all walkera Rx & FHSS
you probably need to reset the fixed id on the rx's

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
06 Jan 2014 16:11 #18082 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Unable to bind to all walkera Rx & FHSS
To get back to stok firmware you have to install both firmware and library.

More
06 Jan 2014 21:57 - 06 Jan 2014 22:05 #18107 by kingsleyfhk
Replied by kingsleyfhk on topic Unable to bind to all walkera Rx & FHSS
Hi HappyHarry, thanks for you fast respond.Try that still no go.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 22:05 by kingsleyfhk.

More
06 Jan 2014 21:58 - 06 Jan 2014 22:06 #18109 by kingsleyfhk
Thanks rbe2012 for the rescue. Yes I installed both the firmware and libaray. Still no go.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 22:06 by kingsleyfhk.

More
06 Jan 2014 22:02 - 06 Jan 2014 22:11 #18110 by kingsleyfhk
Thank God I try it on my Devo 7e tx and not my Devo 6S Tx.my Devo 6S firmware was updated successful to the latest from walkera. My Devo 7e firmware was still a stock version think v1.0. Now, it v2.0. And anyone knows where I can get the old version and try. Could not find it in Walkera website. Thanks
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 22:11 by kingsleyfhk.

More
06 Jan 2014 22:45 - 06 Jan 2014 23:15 #18112 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Unable to bind to all walkera Rx & FHSS
kingsleyfhk, this is Tom.
You asked me about this on YouTube on my video so I thought I would
post here instead. I did post an answer on YouTube but you can ignore it as I needed to know what helicopters and Rx's they had but you posted them here.

HappyHarry has the first thing to try, "reset the fixed id on the rx's".
You will need to put the bind plug in the Rx to do this. I don't know off hand
which socket to plug the bind plug in to clear the fixed id. The user manual will tell you which socket.

To revert back to the factory firmware you can use my video
on "How to Update the firmware on Devo Transmitters".
Just approach this as you don't have the deviation firmware in your TX
and you want to update the factory firmware.
You must install the firmware first and then the library.
Once you go through the steps in the video you will have the factory firmware
back again and all your models will be there.
If it doesn't work the first time try it again.

How to Update Firmware for Devo TX w/USB Port - For the Devo 6/8/10

Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 23:15 by Tom Z.

More
07 Jan 2014 04:15 #18124 by kingsleyfhk
Hi Tom, I did just the same method on my Devo 7e a few times and still no go. I updated my Devo 6S before to the new V0.7/v3 with out any issue. Firmware 1st then the Library. could it be the part that format the TX that wipe out all the necessary supported files? just wondering. :(
Attachments:

More
07 Jan 2014 06:38 #18130 by kingsleyfhk
Hi Tom, just discovered that although I am not able to see the display after I re-installed the walkera Devo7e V0.2 firmware. the good news is that I am able to bind to the walkera Ladybird & V120D02S but not the DEVORX-601 receiver for my H & X Quardcopter. TX now is in Mode 1 format.

More
07 Jan 2014 06:39 - 07 Jan 2014 07:17 #18131 by Tom Z
Hi Kingsley, it sounds like you will not be able to go back to the factory firmware. A "very small" amount of people have the same problem. I have installed the deviation firmware and went back to the factory firmware so many times that I have lost count. I have done this to make my How to videos and to test fly the deviation models I made on this site.

I would install the V4.1 deviation firmware so you can use it on some of your helicopters. Are you using separate models for each helicopter? Try to use one model that binds with a helicopter and then use that model to bind with one of the helicopters that won't bind.
Many helicopters will work with one model (one at a time). For example I made this model which will work on more than 7 different helicopter models.

Walkera CP Helicopters - Beginner Settings

http://deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/1665-walkera-cp-helicopters-beginner-settings

Also there is a known issue with some of the Walkera receivers that once you use a fixed id you can't clear it or it can be difficult to get some to unbind.

Here is a post on this site.
deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussi...cancel-fixedid#16889

Last edit: 07 Jan 2014 07:17 by Tom Z.

• rbe2012
More
07 Jan 2014 06:42 #18132 by rbe2012
kingsleyfhk,
in the last picture you did an upload of the library, no upgrade.
Upload means: you select a file in the upper area, read the library from the tx and write it to the file. The former content is gone.
Upgrade would be correct: upgrade the library in the tx.
Since your downloaded library is destroyed (overwritten with the deviation library formerly installed) you have to download it again from Walkera, then try again.
If you uploaded the deviation library also (at the beginning) instead of upgrading try again to install deviation 4.0.1 - you will not regret this step.

More
08 Jan 2014 13:41 #18211 by kingsleyfhk
Hi rbe2012, as for the library. it only upload option. the firmware is upgrade option. as for the deviation 4.0.1, it also only upgrade option available.

Hi Tom, after uploaded the deviation 4.0.1 I cannot bind to WLTOYS 959 that used Flysky protocal. I also try to bind to my RC Car that used FHSS from Hobbyking. All device is a No Go bind. I will try it on my friend quardcopter that HobbyKing Turnigy 9X TR/RX(also Flysky) tomorrow. OBTW, all my walkera birds were already ID fixed erase. still not able to bind to deviation 4.0.1. With my Devo 6S Tx, all walkera birds were able to bind to it. think deviation need more work and testing for walkera Devo7e Tx. how can I get back to the orig. firmware for Devo7e??? pls help.... any other way??? The Devo7e is a good Tx, what a waste.

More
08 Jan 2014 13:43 #18212 by kingsleyfhk
Hi rbe2012, I like your phrase "So much to do, so little time...." totally agreed.

• rbe2012
More
08 Jan 2014 14:30 #18219 by rbe2012

kingsleyfhk wrote: Hi rbe2012, as for the library. it only upload option. the firmware is upgrade option. as for the deviation 4.0.1, it also only upgrade option available.

It depends on the button you use for selecting the file. If you use the upper, you can only upload, if you use the lower, you can only upgrade.

Here the picture (I have no tx by hand so many fields are grey, but you can see what I mean - the upper field is empty):

If you try again don't forget to download the file again since its content is destroyed.
Attachments:

More
08 Jan 2014 15:08 - 08 Jan 2014 15:10 #18222 by Tom Z
This might help. You can follow what I do in the video and watch my mouse pointer. Copy and paste the links into your web browser. If I insert the entire YouTube link it will just play the entire video. With the links below the videos will start at the places I want to.

Here is the part in my video for the Library Upgrade.

youtu.be/BONTAjdzx_s?t=2m24s

Here is the part in my video for the Firmware Upgrade.

youtu.be/BONTAjdzx_s?t=1m34s

The entire video start to finish.

How to Update Firmware for Devo TX w/USB Port

youtu.be/BONTAjdzx_s

@ rbe2012, does the deviation firmware also have a separate Library file?
If so I haven't seen one or used one.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 15:10 by Tom Z.

More
08 Jan 2014 15:30 #18223 by Tom Z
Hi Kingsley,

I believe the reason you can not get back to the factory firmware is what rbe2012 posted "you did an upload of the library, no upgrade".
Try this, start all over again. Download the files again from Walkera's web site and use them. "Upgrade" the firmware then "Upgrade" the library. You then should have the factory firmware back.

See my post above (#18222).

As for some of your models not working with the deviation firmware with the ID fixed erased, I don't know what else the problem could be.

• rbe2012
More
09 Jan 2014 06:33 #18264 by rbe2012

Tom Z wrote: @ rbe2012, does the deviation firmware also have a separate Library file?
If so I haven't seen one or used one.

No, for Deviation only the Devo12 needs to install a library dfu. The other rx only need the firmware and the USB file system.

More
29 Jan 2014 06:50 #19363 by kingsleyfhk
Hi Everyone, its being almost 3 weeks that I am not with my Devo 7E Tx. It in my office and I am at home with a month Medical Leave due to my back problems. Did not had a chance to re-flashed the TX. Will update once I had my hands on the Tx again.

More
31 Jan 2014 22:18 #19533 by Bullrog
Replied by Bullrog on topic Unable to bind to all walkera Rx & FHSS
Hello kingsleyfhk,

I'm also new to Deviation and also using a Devo 7E.

I have many RXs : SuperCP, LB v2, 4 models using RX701 (T-Rex 250, Quadcopter X 345, HexaCopter 450 & Quadcopter + 350), all in fixed binding.

I am lucky because I own 2 Devo 7E, one has a broken stick (don't ask why ... :blush: :blush: :whistle: ) which is why I have two. So before switching to Deviation on my running TX, I did a test & configure run on the broken one.

...And I just got the same problem, I also put the same ID in both TX, but no avail. When it worked on the stock FW TX, I couldn't bind on the Deviation TX. So I did a test on my SuperCP & reset the ID, going back to random ID binding. And it worked. Now The SuperCP is binded in fixed on the Deviation TX and after model configuration is working just fine. However I'm not able to bind with the stock TX.

So the only advice I can give you so far, is reflash with Deviation, switch back to random ID your model (as suggested Tom, he is always of good advice, try on one) and fix it again.

As soon as I'll have finished configuring my models, I'll switch definitively to Deviation as I can only see advantage to it

It seems there is a slight difference in interpretation of Ids between Deviation FW & Stock FW (my guess :unsure: ), but this should not stop you from trying.

Hope this will help you ;)
Bullrog

More
01 Feb 2014 10:22 #19582 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Unable to bind to all walkera Rx & FHSS
No, the fixed id of the DEVO protocol is the same in deviation as it was in the stock fw, however it will alwaya differ for different transmitters, because the binding info contains the unique id of the transmitter too...

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds