Devo 10: Black, silver, gunmetal and TX power

More
09 Jan 2014 20:04 #18299 by robca
I hope this question is appropriate for the forum.

I can make an offer for a Devo 10 (I have a Devo 7e now with diode mod, love it, but running out of headroom... if/when the two 3-way switch is implemented will help extend the usefulness of the 7e, but a 10 is a different beast, esp. the added analog channels)

I read about "lower tx power" versions and "full power versions", and different colors. Are the colors related to the power?

Are there really different versions of Tx power and, if so, any way to recognize them using the color?

I don't particularly care about the color (if the price is right ;)) , just want to be sure I can use it full power

thanks, Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2014 20:07 - 09 Jan 2014 20:08 #18300 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Devo 10: Black, silver, gunmetal and TX power
The power is limited by the Devention software version you have on the TX. By loading Deviation you have the full power range available.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2014 20:08 by RandMental.

More
09 Jan 2014 20:16 #18301 by robca
Terrific, thanks.

Gotta love FW-driven functionality over HW-specific :)

Especially when there are open source (and better) alternative FW like Devention (I can't even fathom a Devo Tx without Devention)

More
09 Jan 2014 21:11 #18305 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic Devo 10: Black, silver, gunmetal and TX power
Tx power is limited by local laws. This is why they sell different fw to different markets.
Well... global net trading and Deviation messes this plan up nicely :-)

More
09 Jan 2014 22:01 #18307 by robca
Believe it or not, I plan to follow local laws :) . I just happen to travel a lot for work and temporarily live in a lot of different places... With Deviation, I can match the power to the law, instead of having to use the least common denominator

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds