Needing help with devo 10 on phoenix and in gen.

More
12 Jan 2014 02:49 #18395 by RM2693
Hi guys, needing some help with my devo 10.

I just got it a few day ago along with phoenix 4. I am new to the heli scene and trying to learn i had some smaller ones before and got a VNR3D for Christmas. I installed Deviation 4.0 already and was able to bind with my MSR. I got my sticks working on phoenix 4.

But the first issue i am having is that channel 1 (mood 2) will not center if i move the stick down. it gets hung up at -2. If i move the stick up it will center every time. what would be the way to fix this? All other channels appear to be working properly.

Next is phoenix, I was able to get my sticks finally calibrated that they were not jumping around in the program and can somewhat hover now lol. How do i get my switchs to work with phoenix? I can only get channel 1,2,3,4,6 to show up when i do the calibration process.

I do have more questions but will wait. it is mostly on setup and changes on the transmitter, but since i don't even know how to fully set up a heli at this point not to concerned with it.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2014 08:24 #18400 by stevecox
After installing Deviation 4.0 did you calibrate the sticks on the tx itself. Calibrate on Phoenix after you first calibrate on the tx. When you say get the switches to work, are you referring to throttle hold, throttle cut, 3D, dual rates, extra channels which or all? When replying give us your model.ini file you use for Phoenix, you will need a model set up with switches in it for what you are looking for to do and we can check whats up.

Adelaide

More
12 Jan 2014 17:40 #18431 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic Needing help with devo 10 on phoenix and in gen.

RM2693 wrote: But the first issue i am having is that channel 1 (mood 2) will not center if i move the stick down. it gets hung up at -2. If i move the stick up it will center every time. what would be the way to fix this? All other channels appear to be working properly.

Looks similar to this:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...entering-issue#16740

More
12 Jan 2014 18:00 - 12 Jan 2014 18:41 #18434 by RM2693
I am going to try and calibrate again. If that doesn't fix it can someone explain what that other guy did to fix it. i don't quite understand. Did he just add weight to the inside of the controller to the stick mechanism.

I can't get any switch to work on phoenix, gear, fmod, ect... How do i get you that file? I hooked up usb mode and found the model file.

UPDATE: I figured out how to get my throttle hold to work. Needed to turn it on
also got channel one to center a little bit better still till hang up at -+1 but will bounce to zero.

Now i just need to get my other stuff set up on phoenix, I am still just practicing hovering. What would be a good bird that would be close to my venom night ranger 3d
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 18:41 by RM2693.

More
12 Jan 2014 20:53 #18442 by kreidler
Which deviation version are you using? 4.0 or 4.0.1
You can find it on the about screen. With 4.0 only 6 channels via USB on Windows are supported. With 4.0.1 8 channels will work.

More
12 Jan 2014 21:23 #18443 by RM2693
Have 4.0.1 installed

More
13 Jan 2014 15:02 #18477 by kreidler
Sorry not realised that you are using Phoenix. Phoenix needs PPMout. Have you seen already: http://deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-questions/2411-ppm-sending-only-6-channels-latest-pb-build#16457 ?

More
14 Jan 2014 23:40 #18512 by RM2693
Read through it, and none of it makes sense to me lol

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds