Devo 7e v4.0.1 and V911 FlySky bind problems

More
12 Jan 2014 08:44 - 12 Jan 2014 09:10 #18402 by eaman
Hello this morning I've modded my Devo 7e (Deviation 4.0.1) adding the V911 TX radio module:
- store.piffa.net/devo_7e_mod_a7105.jpg
It should be a a7105 and it looks just like the one in www.hacksmods.com/2013/04/walkera-devo-7...x-flysky-hubsan-mod/

Problems is that I can't bind to my v911:
I put the battery in the v911
I see the red light blink as the gyro gets up
As the led blinks faster I press bind on my devo (throttle down)
After 3/4 secs my devo beeps and the v911 blinks slowly

...and I'm not able to control my V911

My tx.ini: store.piffa.net/tx.ini
My v911 model: store.piffa.net/model4.ini

Is there something I'm missing or that has changed with v4.0.1 that can go bad with my configs?

Maybe is there some sticks magic (up / down / around) to perform while binding? The v911 manual says: put throttle down.

BTW: is there a way I can check if the radio module is working ok? As long as I can enable it (I can see FlySky in the model setup page on the tx, with no *. And if I [ENT] it it says: WLToys V9x9: On) is it all supposed to be OK or maybe I could still have some cable not soldered / damaged something?

My TX can fly others bird OK, everything on the TX seems fine.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 09:10 by eaman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
12 Jan 2014 09:21 #18403 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo 7e v4.0.1 and V911 FlySky bind problems
As far as I can see the yellow wire is soldered to the outermost pin on the board (reset), not the second (TMS).

More
12 Jan 2014 09:56 - 12 Jan 2014 10:02 #18404 by eaman

rbe2012 wrote: As far as I can see the yellow wire is soldered to the outermost pin on the board (reset), not the second (TMS).

Sir, you have good eyes.

Sadly I'm not done: If I put the wire in the right spot (yellow cable in second from left hole) the TX won't boot:
- It complains for throttle stick position
- As I lower the stick it hangs and I don't see the devention logo
To turn off /reboot I have to physically disconnect the battery.

If I put yellow wire back in the (wrong) reset position the TX is fine (no v911 ofc). At least I didn't solder those two lower cables :)

I guess I could have bad soldering in the radio module?
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 10:02 by eaman.

More
12 Jan 2014 10:19 - 12 Jan 2014 11:25 #18406 by eaman
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 11:25 by eaman.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
12 Jan 2014 11:58 #18407 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo 7e v4.0.1 and V911 FlySky bind problems
But my eyes are not good enough to get any useful information from your last posted pictures besides some dirt around some soldering points. I can not see if something is damaged, but using a magnifier you will surely recognize if you created a short.

Try to change the MOSI / MISO lines. This is a mistake which is made more than rare and will lead to a hanging tx when trying to communicate with the rf chip (what starts when the safety dialog is confirmed).

More
12 Jan 2014 14:10 #18410 by eaman
I don't think there might be a short, at least I can say nothing smells funny around the radio module.

I checked 2.SCK and 3 SDIO and they are ok, I've rebuild those contacts on the radio, the ones one the radio looks neat so I'm not messing with them, I've retouched 5. GND on the radio.

...still no lack, same behavior as my last post.

You suggested (thanks!) to check MOSI / MISO but I see that only MOSI as 3.SDIO is in use: is it like there are particular connections I should check that could cause the boot problem or any of the 5 cables may fail the system as no boot?

Right now I can tell that the TX boots in USB STORAGE mode and if I disable the a7105 in tx.ini the TX is all fine.

I think I'm taking a pause to think as everything looks as neat as it gets and no use in just messing around the contacts points.

So after a puse maybe I could try to replace the radio module in the old v911 transmitter to check if it works, and in case start from scratch...

Thanks everybody for looking into this, I wont't give up of course :)

More
15 Jan 2014 08:52 - 15 Jan 2014 10:32 #18532 by eaman
So I guess I found the problem: my cables are good but I managed to destroy a resistance / diode while I was desoldering the module from the v911 TX:

- store.piffa.net/damaged_board.jpg

So let's make a noob question: do you think that I could just solder over the broken diode and the thing would work? :)
Or is there a reasonable way to fix it?

Most important thing is: as far as I like to hack I don't want to fry my Devo 8)
Last edit: 15 Jan 2014 10:32 by eaman.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds