Settings for a car 2 channel

More
18 Jan 2014 02:21 - 18 Jan 2014 02:22 #18614 by matrixFLYER
Settings for a car 2 channel was created by matrixFLYER
Hi I have to make a profile for a car.
I need some advice.

I set throttle cut at 0. How to avoid (like in an helicopter) that if you remove the throttle hold and it doesn't find 0 he doesn't start the motor?

Any other advice to configure a car?
Last edit: 18 Jan 2014 02:22 by matrixFLYER.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2014 17:02 #18636 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Settings for a car 2 channel
I made one for a toy car (which is FPV now... ;) ).
I configured the whole control for the right stick: up/down is the forward/reverse, and the left/right is just that.
This way the throttle is on a spring loaded stick, which center itself at about zero...

I'll take a look into my config to see if there is anymore special beside the automatic turning signal and lights...

More
18 Jan 2014 22:31 - 18 Jan 2014 22:32 #18649 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Settings for a car 2 channel
Slightly OT, but I just set up my "vintage" Tamiya Frog with an OrangeRX DSM2 RX and ESC, with throttle on the left stick (mode2 - no spring on the stick); I set up more dead band by simply using a 13-point curve, leaving the middle three points as 0 and setting the rest in a linear fashion. that way you don't have to be right in the middle to get zero throttle.

I've only driven it twice so far, tossing up whether to set up with full positive range on the throttle stick and using a switch to chuck it into reverse; maybe with a "sticky" test to make sure you put the throttle to zero before reverse engages.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2014 22:32 by RoGuE_StreaK.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds