Help, Models switch

More
03 Feb 2014 21:31 #19801 by StikLover2
Help, Models switch was created by StikLover2
Hello all, On starting my Walkera Devo 10 (Deviation 4.0.1) today, my planes would not connect with my radio. Upon investigating, i discovered that they linked to other memory slots on the transmitter. For example, Model 5 now only responds to Model 3. My planes are using spektrum recievers. What is going on here? Please help! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2014 21:14 #19835 by StikLover2
Replied by StikLover2 on topic Help, Models switch
This is now very worrying. I rebinded my models yesterday, and today, to my discovery, the same thing happened again! Does anyone know what is happening? Please, I am desperate for help! Or i will have to get a new transmitter if deviation is not going to properly work.

More
04 Feb 2014 21:25 #19836 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Help, Models switch
Outline the exact steps you took to get Deviation 4.0.1 installed on your Devo 10. Did you copy the filesystem to the devo after upgrading the TX to 4.0.1? When you mount the Devo on your computer in USB mode are the following folders visible in the root directory: language, layout, media, modelico, models, and template?

We need a bit more info to go on.

More
04 Feb 2014 22:10 #19838 by StikLover2
Yes, I first installed the 4.0.1 dfu, then copied the filesystem to the transmitter. I installed all the correct files, like the manual and videos say. All files are present, language, media, layout, modelico, models, templates, error txt, datalog bin, and tranmitter configuration. The strange thing is, i downloaded this version the day it came out, but now, the problems are happening. Everything was fine before.

More
05 Feb 2014 00:05 #19844 by WheresWaldo
Post the model files you are having issues with.

More
05 Feb 2014 01:05 #19845 by StikLover2
Here ya go
Attachments:

More
05 Feb 2014 05:15 #19850 by WheresWaldo
I just loaded these up into the latest nightly build and had no issues. Maybe I am not understanding exactly what your issue is, model4 always loads as model4 and model 5 is always model5.

Is this what the issue is?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
05 Feb 2014 06:35 #19854 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Help, Models switch
Maybe a problem with the fixed ID?
You have set fixed IDs for both models. This allows you to control only the receiver which has the same ID with the model config. If you ever mixed this up, you will get such effects.
Remove the fixed IDs or swap them manually by editing the config files and see if this fixes your problem.

More
05 Feb 2014 14:26 - 05 Feb 2014 14:45 #19868 by StikLover2
WhereWaldo: To make it more clear, when i bind a model to my transmitter, i always set up an individual fixed ID for each of my models. No ID is the same for models I've binded to. But, the next day, the model switches to another model slot.... For example, Model 5 switches to model 3, Etc. The receiver hops to different model slot, reverting to what settings the new slot has. This issue just started happening, it did not do it before.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2014 14:45 by StikLover2.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
05 Feb 2014 14:40 #19869 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Help, Models switch
You have given names to your models. So you will find them in the model list with the number and your given name.
This list is generates by searching through the models folder and looking for model1.ini, model2.ini and so on - it stops when the next number is not found (so a gap will hide all model configs with higher numbers).

I don't want to exclude that there might be a bug somewhere, but I have never seen this happen (and for the deviation software it is impossible to change file names). PB has changed the way the configs are loaded but this was after 4.0.1 was released.

I will take a deeper look, but I need the following:
- the complete version you are using (guess 4.0.1, no nightly?)
- all model files (zipped) before the wrong behavior takes place
- and again after the models are swapped
- a complete description of what you have done in between (like shutdown tx, changed models via USB, ...)

More
05 Feb 2014 14:49 #19871 by StikLover2
I am using Deviation 4.0.1 (no nightly)
I am not sure how to show the model files before all wrong behavior takes place.
I have never changed models via USB. I just do my regular routine all on the tx, the usual tx on, battery on, then battery off, tx off.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds