trex150, dsm2 lemon sat rx , devo7e deviation v3

More
09 Feb 2014 18:50 - 09 Feb 2014 19:04 #20022 by micro
I'm having a problem binding with the 150 using a lemon dsm2 sat and deviation 3 on a devo7e. It looks like I get the solid red light but no green light after removing the bind plug from the MRS unit.

I also tried removal on bind plug and powering down both items as normla dsm2 binds but as expected no change. I know Dylan and many others are using the dsm2 lemon sat without problem but not on deviation. I'm sure it's user error somewhere along the line but am getting nowhere so any help appreciated.

I added 999 into the fixed field and it gives solid red as before but still no change to green.

Last edit: 09 Feb 2014 19:04 by micro. Reason: adding video link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
09 Feb 2014 19:43 #20024 by rbe2012
I am not sure but have you tried to bind with the plug then only power off the heli, removing bind plug and power on again (tx stays on all the time)? I believe that worked for me, but I have given away the Lemon sat so I can't test again.

More
09 Feb 2014 20:43 #20029 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic trex150, dsm2 lemon sat rx , devo7e deviation v3
also I think fixed id needs a 6 digit number

More
09 Feb 2014 21:27 - 09 Feb 2014 21:31 #20033 by micro
Thanks guys.

I tried adding a 999999 to the fixed id but no green light after removing the plug. I just tried again a few times and if I leave the tx on after binding (red solid light on sat) it does not matter if I turn heli off and tehn remove plug or reomove plug and then turn the heli off - I dont get anything other than red flashing light on the rx.

I know my dsm2 protocol works as I can bind with a dsm2 ladybird - it flies like crap as I can't get the giro switch to work but it binds.

I can not find single instance of lemon rx and deviation on a 7e working with this heli, only spektrum tx. I don't think anything is faulty.

I guess I can splash out on a dsmx sat or attempt upgrade to v4 but it makes my old models junk as I understand it and has no real better chance oif working I don't believe, plus its heavier
Last edit: 09 Feb 2014 21:31 by micro.

More
09 Feb 2014 21:48 #20035 by HappyHarry
i use a lemon sat rx connected to a microbeast with my 7e tx, it binds and works no problem, my fixed id number is 254759 and once bound it connects up every reboot no problems, so if there is a problem with the lemon sat it's more likely in how the 150 mrs deals with it not deviation, as this isn't the first post i've seen about binding issues with lemon rx sats and the trex 150 mrs

More
09 Feb 2014 22:31 #20037 by micro
Dylan from Astroid Designs among others use the lemon rx with the 150 so I find it difficult to see that as the issue. They don't use deviation though.

Tom made a model entry for his trex 150 but he's using dsmx sat if I rembember right, next cheapest option.

Are you telling me your fixed id for a reason? Is 999999 not ok?

cheers

More
09 Feb 2014 22:58 #20040 by HappyHarry
there may be an expected range of fixed id so maybe trying a known working id might help, who knows though I'm just offering suggestions to try and help you out :)

and as I said I have a lemon sat working perfectly with deviation so the problem isn't there, but I've seen lots of posts with binding issues with the 150mrs and sats, not just the lemon sat either so who knows if its user issues or interoperability issues with the 150mrs?

More
10 Feb 2014 04:34 #20048 by micro
I'm told I must add the fixed id only after I get proper bind. I am not getting that far but have tried adding fixed id (the one above) after sat goes solid then removing the plug to no avail.

More
10 Feb 2014 10:32 - 10 Feb 2014 10:33 #20061 by HappyHarry
I added the fixed id before binding for the first time :/

have you tried binding the sat with another dsm2 rx?
Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 10:33 by HappyHarry.

More
10 Feb 2014 10:58 - 10 Feb 2014 11:00 #20062 by vlad_vy
What number of channels do you use? Try to use 6-7 channels, if without success, try 8+ channels.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 11:00 by vlad_vy.

More
10 Feb 2014 14:38 - 10 Feb 2014 14:39 #20071 by micro
I have now tried 6 and evry option up to the max 12, nothing different at any stage.

The channel order is obviously not set up as I dont even have a bind yet but could that be throwing it off?

I'm considering moving to futaba to avoid all this hassle every single time I want to bind to something or configure it once bound but after not having my 8s for a few weeks due to gimbal potentiometer issues I found I am very used to very light tension on the sticks and not sure if they will go low enough. Both taranis and aurora 9 I feel are too stiff and if tension is lowered enough there's a dead spot in the centre, if I had just bought a taranis or aurora 9 I would be gutted, luckily I just bought the gimbals to test. I still have no clue after asking anyone and everyone where there is a tutorial how to chnage channels, preferably video like every other tx out there. Sure I see a manual but all I see is algebra with no explanation I can comprehend. Yes im getting frustrated, sorry :( Totally saw this coming though

Vlad save the day there and I have 5 spares coming from Japan and maybe coupel from Walkera when they get in touch again after new year.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 14:39 by micro.

More
10 Feb 2014 23:06 #20105 by jazzjohn
I am planning on using a lemon on my 150. For now I've been using an orange satellite and my Devo 6 with Deviation 4.01 binds with it.

The bind does take long -at least 20 seconds, with the annoying beeps from the ESC.

More
10 Feb 2014 23:37 - 15 Feb 2014 00:52 #20109 by micro
It looks like from my research that v4 deviation and dsmx sat seems the best route if no futabe or spektrum tx, basically something on the official list.

I'd love to know what the issue was so it could be handled and bypassed perhaps. Could maybe be a few weeks till I can grab one but cheaper than a new tx.

EDIT

V4 Deviation with dsm2 lemon rx binds, green lights ahoy. No change apart from the firmware so it was deviation causing the lack of bind after all.
Tomz model saved me a ton of hassle but still have to work out what happens with the giro as there's no mix switch on this 7e but thank goodness I get to fly it before it tunrs into a money pit at least :lol:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2014 00:52 by micro. Reason: worky work work!

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds