Multiple HF modules in DEVO 12S

More
01 Mar 2014 15:51 #21024 by jo-loom
Multiple HF modules in DEVO 12S was created by jo-loom
Hello everybody,

First posting in this forum I like to express my compliments to anybody behind deviationtx for this amazing job!

Having four RC enthusiastic kids plus 35 years of own RC experience our family meanwhile got a collection of more than a dozen different RC transmitters. Some of them proper - some just for RC toys.
Now it's time to improve situation.

Having already been close to buy a DX8 I discovered deviationrx and felt in love with DEVO 12S.

My favourite solution would be to install 3 additional HF modules (A7105, NRF24L01 and CC2500) beside the already existing module based on Cypress CYRF6939 provided by DEVO.
From what I understood so far all additional modules get connected in parallel to the SPI interface just using different chip select lines. It appears to me that only 2 port pins from the microcontroller are available (TMS, TCK).

Now my questions:
1) In case of installing multiple HF modules - do they lead to higher current consumption or are they not sucking energy when chip select is disabled?
2) Routing the 2,4 GHz antenna wire in parallel in the same plastic tube instead of leaving them loose in the transmitter case - will this cause any kind of disturbing interference?
3) Is there any simple opportunity to run more than 2 additional HF modules - e. g. by connecting CS number 3 to a spare microcontroller pin or by using a hardware DIP switch?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Johannes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2014 21:26 #21046 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Multiple HF modules in DEVO 12S
There is a module under development, with which you can use more then 2 additional RF modules:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...g-a-universal-module

I wouldn't put more antennas parallel into the same tube...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.023 seconds