Multiple module soldering for DEVO 10

More
03 Mar 2014 17:56 #21149 by microheli
Multiple module soldering for DEVO 10 was created by microheli
All,
I've spent the weeks while my DEVO 10 was on order researching how to solder compatibility in for my v911 and v262. I've read the module installation guide on this site, read about the pinouts for multiple modules, etc. and read as many how-tos as I can. I've made sure to get good power amp versions of the NRF24L01 a7105, which are still on the way. 30AWG wires, heat shrink, foam tape, etc. I think I'm ready to go.

There's just one thing I'm missing, and it's so trivial I feel bad asking here, but I can't find it anywhere: for the pins that multiple modules share, how do you guys hook the leads up to both modules? Do you solder a single wire to the TX, then split that wire to each module, or do you wire each module directly to the same solder joint?

Can anyone post a picture of a TX with multiple modules installed that shows how this is done? I've found plenty of one module or the other, but no dual-module pictures.

Any advice appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2014 19:54 #21153 by cx12
Replied by cx12 on topic Multiple module soldering for DEVO 10
ONLY TMS/TCK points are different connection everything else doesnt matter. You can have both module sharing one wire or one solder point with two wire. it really is up to you how you want wiring to be in your devo.

More
03 Mar 2014 20:23 #21156 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic Multiple module soldering for DEVO 10
First - find a nice place where you want to place them... there is not much space in there. AFTER THIS, design the wiring: this will tell you how long wires you need and where you want to run them. If the two modules are next to each other, you may use a single wire, splitted just at the modules. If they are on the opposite sides... then you need separate wires.
cheers, bm

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds