Going to the dark side? I ordered a Futaba 10J

More
11 Mar 2014 23:29 - 11 Mar 2014 23:31 #21481 by Hexperience
I'm still really happy with my devo12s, but it's never really felt right in my hands. I have fairly large hands, but even so it's starting to feel big and heavy. I fly by thumb and I find that the stick throws are pretty long even with the lowest position on the stick height.

So, I saw the Futaba T10J and for about $290 got it ordered. Comes with 1 R3008SB which is a telemetry enabled Rx. AND like the frsky it has an external voltage sensor built in. Out of the box I'll get RX voltage and Flight pack voltage which is pretty much all I've ever used. The RX's are about $60 but with no need for a telemetry module I'm ok with that for an 8+ channel rx with sbus support.

If it feels good in the hands, I'll buy a few more RX's for use in my non walkera and horizon BNF helis. Like the e360 and e620.

I feel like I'm done with the super micro heli's (sub 250) and as they get beat to death I'm not going to replace them. I just don't have fast enough reflexes to fly them and they are so small for repairs.

I might down size to a devo8, and might offer up the 12 for sale or trade...

We'll see how good this "Name Brand" TX is first... ;)

By the way, Futaba FHSS uses the CC2500.... :woohoo:

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2014 23:31 by Hexperience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.023 seconds