Throttle hold

More
01 Apr 2014 15:08 #22001 by Freezywilly
Throttle hold was created by Freezywilly
I am posting here because more people here are modding their transmitter than you find on other forums.
Background: I use the pinch method and a transmitter board so my technique is not the most generally used.
The convention here is use rudder DR for throttle hold. I am used to using a swtch on the right for throttle hold.
Now my proposal:
how about a microswitch on the collective/throttle?
Since I use pinch a switch on the stick would be much faster.
By wiring it in parallel with the rudder dual rate it could be a momentary switch and the dual rate would act as usual and override it.
The gymbal on the devo 10 and devo 12 seem to be the same. I have not opened up either transmitter yet as I am waiting for the multboard to be further refined before I make a lot of changes.
By drilling two small holes in the gymbal near the stick a pair of wires can be available for the switch.
Sufficient slack in the wire would allow the gymbal to move normally.
Has anyone tried this or a similar technique? What are the downsides I have not considered?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2014 08:32 #22045 by jazzjohn
Replied by jazzjohn on topic Throttle hold
I use the pinch method and also prefer the th switch on the right where it is easier to get to. On my Devo 6 it is the fm switch which is configured as hold on positions 1 and 2.
I wouldn't go through the trouble of modding a gimbal. It's best to train yourself to use the existing (standard) hardware otherwise you'll always require a custom setup on future transmitters that you'll use or own. Even if you need to take your hand off the cyclic stick to operate th, it is only for a split second. If you train your fingers you can flip the switch while still pinching.

More
02 Apr 2014 12:11 #22050 by Freezywilly
Replied by Freezywilly on topic Throttle hold
Jazzjohn what you say is completely true. My idea is that I can be even faster on throttle hold than reaching for the switch. I am going to try it as an experiment and see how it goes.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds