Universal module build, question

More
05 Apr 2014 15:59 #22151 by Hexperience
Universal module build, question was created by Hexperience
This may sound like a silly question, but I wanted to confirm that with the muli-module, we no longer need to wire anything to the main board, right?

I'll be doing the "pin" build and using the existing devo module, also with pins so it's easy to remove if I need to for any reason.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2014 17:03 - 05 Apr 2014 17:08 #22152 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Universal module build, question
No. The universal module installs just like any other module(in fact to do it properly, you need to connect both TMS and TCK rather than just one). You need to attach it to pins TCK and TMS as well as MISO, MOSI, SCK, VSS, and VDD.
The board supports moving the CYRF module from its socket to the MultiModule, though in reality there is very little reason to do that. The main purpose for the CYRF module support is the X9D and Devo7E.

If you were to remove the CYRF module and install it into the MultiMod, then you could choose to connect the CYRF RESET pin to the MultiMod Reset, and the CYRF CSN pin to the MuliMod CSN pin. In this configuration, you'd only need to supply 3.3V via a separate wire (since the CYRF plug doesn't have 3.3V attached). I don't generally recommend that approach mainly due to it being difficult to manage the 2mm CYRF headers in any reasonable fashion.

Edited to make the distinctions clearer
Last edit: 05 Apr 2014 17:08 by PhracturedBlue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds