Help with installing deviation.

More
11 Apr 2014 08:59 - 11 Apr 2014 09:03 #22330 by unclecrash
Help with installing deviation. was created by unclecrash
For the life of me I cannot get the deviation to load. I got it going again on the devention firmware, but when I get to the part where i'm suppose to install to root, I get a error that I do not have enough storage on f drive even after I formatt I still cannot get it to work. I notice I only have a total of just under 2mb I notice Tom B has over 3mb how is this is not my 12s the same drive as his :S All I can get on the screen when I do the first part of the download is the little helicopter and the rest of the screen is black. I know its something simple, but deviation instructions are not clear and don't work the same as Tom B show's in his video. This is becoming very frustrating even my nephew noticed the instructions were not well worded and he is very good with the computer. Sorry Im not good with the computer and I just hate when some stupid little kink can keep me from moving forward.
Last edit: 11 Apr 2014 09:03 by unclecrash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2014 15:06 #22342 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Help with installing deviation.
Hi, I think you mean Tom Z. If so I made one video for the deviation firmware V4 and the other video for the deviation firmware V2.1 and V3.

I have not seen this issue before of not having enough storage on the deviation (f) drive.
For my Devo 10 I have 3.78 MB storage.

There are two different methods to install the deviation firmware which is why I had to make two videos. I would try to install the deviation again and see what happens. Also make sure you have the correct firmware/filesystem.

More
11 Apr 2014 15:53 #22344 by unclecrash
Replied by unclecrash on topic Help with installing deviation.
Sorry Tom what's funny is my nephew got it to load and working on the deviation firmware, but I thought it was missing some pages so I put the devention back into it. Then I read some more and decided to see if I could load it back into the radio. No luck Im sure it is some simple thing I'm missing. I can load the devention and get it working but I cannot figure why I'm getting the not enough room on the f drive. I just noticed your on a different drive but that's not the problem, because if it were my Nephew would not have got it to work. I even binned the three file's and it still would not work. I just got to catch him when he is in a good mood and he will help me out ;) I should have payed better attention to how he did it.

More
11 Apr 2014 16:47 #22347 by Tom Z
OK if not one of the tech guys here can help you out.

Every computer may have a different drive letter for the deviation USB drive.
This depends on how many drives you have in your computer.

More
11 Apr 2014 17:26 #22349 by unclecrash
I only have a laptop running at current time. I don't know a lot about computer's or using them,just enough to make me dangerous or screw it up really bad!! I know there is c,d,e,q, and f q has no access, d only used for backup, f was hidden till I got this TX. E is booster and removable storage and I have no clue how to change them a round to use space on another if it can even be done. My Nephew will get it going on the deviation just have to catch him at the right time. As for the tech's on the site I don't know if they can figure out why Im having trouble, they must not know else Im sure they would reply if they have any idea of the trouble. I can tell ya, Im the trouble, me trying to use this fricken computer LOL :unsure:

More
11 Apr 2014 19:44 #22352 by stringrazor
Replied by stringrazor on topic Help with installing deviation.
I have only installed to my Devo 7e but I just looked at the instructions for the 12 and it's only a slight bit different. Here are some suggestions:

1) drive letters are unimportant. As Tom said, they may be different on another PC. Just look for REMOVABLE DEVICE and make sure it's your radio in USB mode. If unsure, turn the radio off and that "drive" will disappear from Windows. It will reappear when you turn it back on holding the Ent key for USB mode.

2) right click on the 12's USB drive in Windows and FORMAT it as stated in the install instructions. This will insure that you are starting with a fresh, empty storage space. Use default options. You can give it a "Drive Label" when you format so it's easily identifiable. I used "GR Devo 7e" and that's what Windows will display as the name of the drive. It's just a display/convenience item though. You don't have to specify a label.

3) PG 8 of the manual shows what directories and files to copy from the unzipped Deviation package AND what NOT to copy (.zip, .dfu files and the "media" folder are not to be copied for a 12).

I've installed to my 7e a bunch of times (trying different builds which had issues). It was always quick and easy.

Hope this helps!

---- Gary ----

More
11 Apr 2014 21:22 #22353 by unclecrash
I have tried installing every which way you can imagine. I know which drive it is, I have sucessfully installed the stock firmware over 50 times using Dfuse in various combinations and nothing. On the last time I got all files to load to the f drive and still nothing but a big usb symbol in black. As soon as my nephew gets up this will all be solved as we had the deviation installed and had it up and running but I removed it because it seemed like it was missing a lot of pages. What I dont get is why can I load all to the TX and the radio works fine, but when I try to put the usb on screen and then load the files to the f drive and then I get nothing. I dont get why I can get the radio working and not even use the second part when you turn off, then hold down ent then the big usb on screen and I get nothing.

More
11 Apr 2014 22:57 #22355 by unclecrash
Thank's for trying to help guy's My Nephew got it going in about a minute first try lol I been at it for 2 days :sick: I'm not sure what I was doing wrong. We think it's because I used the top bar in the Defuse tool instead of using the bottom bar with the library. Now to see if I can figure how to get a bit of bling back with buttons and a face lift.

More
11 Apr 2014 23:41 - 11 Apr 2014 23:47 #22356 by Tom Z
Your welcome.
That's good your Nephew got it going again.

I forgot some people were/are having problems with the DfuSe USB Upgrade tool selecting the wrong tabs like Upload instead of Upgrade or on the Config or Library Tab instead of the Firmware Tab which is all you need for the deviation firmware.
I should have mentioned in my videos to look out for these things when they are doing the upgrade.

I have a bunch of models that are ready to install and fly in your transmitter.
I also made some models in the Standard Mixer so you can edit them very easy just like with the Walkera firmware.

deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/2555...pter-and-quad-models

deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/3033...de-in-standard-mixer

Last edit: 11 Apr 2014 23:47 by Tom Z.

More
12 Apr 2014 02:56 #22358 by unclecrash
Wow you have been busy, too bad I gave up on my first chopper and gave it away.
I fly mostly plane's but would like to eventually try out a small quad or two. How hard are the quad's to fly compared to a chopper... I had the blade from eflite a few years ago but it turned into a money pit for me. Probably because I didn't have a setup sheet to go off of but I could hover a bit with it. Ya my nephew came through he pointed it out to me like you said the top bar is download and I didn't even see it. I thought they were the same. After picking up this TX it will be a while before I do any more buying, but nice to know you have made all those templates and such. Now I could pick and chose something you have set up beginner programs for. Now back to more reading on the Devo

More
12 Apr 2014 04:00 #22359 by Tom Z
This hobby keeps me very busy! I also have my own web site which I built myself for my RC reviews, Transmitter Setup Guides, information, How-to videos, and much more.
Plus I help out people on this site, my site, Rcgroups, and Helifreak which I was also a moderator for them.
And I also make models for people on this site.

Good question on if a quad is easier than a helicopter to fly. I see mixed opinions on this. With a quad you don't have to fly the tail like you do on a helicopter which is hard to do.
Some people think you should start out on a helicopter before a quad and some people think the opposite.
Most helicopters are now much easier to fly and are ultra stable. This is all due to most of them now have a 3 or 6 axis gyro due to the flybarless design.
And quads have a 3 or 6 axis gyro also and are ultra stable.

More
12 Apr 2014 17:52 #22367 by unclecrash
I just found your site under your username. I like it, it's a nice clean layout. I only wish I could do something like that. I would like to have a small rc airplane shop. But I know it all take's money to get going and Im lacking the funds to do it.

More
12 Apr 2014 22:03 - 12 Apr 2014 22:04 #22373 by Tom Z
Thanks. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.
I also decided not to have any sponsors or ads. I turned down some major dealers offers. Also there are no ads on my YouTube videos.

A small RC shop sounds good. I was thinking of opening a local RC shop of my own for RC repairs, mods, setup, and flying lessons.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2014 22:04 by Tom Z.

More
03 Oct 2014 22:31 #25937 by jpweimer
Replied by jpweimer on topic Help with installing deviation.
Hello,
I have loaded the latest Deviation code 4.0.1 on my 1 day old Devo 10 that HAD v8 on it. The problem is the removable file system does not show on on the PC after I power the radio down and power back up with the EXT key held.
The DevoDfuSe V2.0 is not running. The PC knows something is out there because it sounds the new device working. I have moved the USB do a different port and it goes through the normal loading drivers for the port. Still nothing so I can't format the removable drive on the DEVO or load the files needed.
I have reloaded DEVO firmware V7 and the radio works fine. Tried the Deviation again with the same problem.
I am running Windows 7. I have also tried it on Windows XP with no luck.
HELP ??

More
04 Oct 2014 00:34 #25938 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Help with installing deviation.
Boot with the ENT key gets you to USB mode... That's what we use on the 7e. Hope it helps.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
04 Oct 2014 02:21 #25939 by jpweimer
Replied by jpweimer on topic Help with installing deviation.
And that is exactly what the instructions say as well.
Now... the problem is me following the instructions. :blink:

THANK YOU !! :)

ALL IS GOOD and the latest Deviation software is installed. B)

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds