Telemetry bug?

More
14 Apr 2014 15:17 - 14 Apr 2014 15:48 #22406 by Tom Z
Telemetry bug? was created by Tom Z
PhracturedBlue,

I posted a question for you but you didn't see the post.

My question:

PhracturedBlue,

You posted that "telemetry is definitely buggy. I can see random values on the telemetry screen when adjusting the throttle."

"I believe I've resolved the issue with corrupt Telemetry".

Is there a bug in the firmware using telemetry and you have resolved it in the nightly build which we all should be using if we want to use telemetry?

deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussi...light?start=20#22325
Last edit: 14 Apr 2014 15:48 by Tom Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2014 19:42 - 16 Apr 2014 20:07 #22479 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic Telemetry bug?

Tom Z wrote: PhracturedBlue,

You posted that "telemetry is definitely buggy. I can see random values on the telemetry screen when adjusting the throttle."

"I believe I've resolved the issue with corrupt Telemetry".

Is there a bug in the firmware using telemetry and you have resolved it in the nightly build which we all should be using if we want to use telemetry?

deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussi...light?start=20#22325

The current nightly still suffers from issue #533 which makes telemetry somewhat unusable.

V4.0.1 does telemetry very well, as long as you are well within the range for telemetry.
For me, issue #525 in V4.0.1 is (at least partly) related to a hardware problem. See post #21524 .

But V4.0.1 seems to handle corrupt telemetry packets not very well, which may occur if you are close to the range limit for telemetry. See V120d02s-V2 lost binding mid flight .

We definitely need to do more research on telemetry.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2014 20:07 by linux-user.

More
16 Apr 2014 22:52 #22487 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Telemetry bug?
OK, I needed to know if the nightly build corrected this or not and to hear from PhracturedBlue that there is or is not a telemetry bug so I don't tell people the wrong thing.

I have been telling people that the V4.0.1 is the most stable version and there has not been any "reboot in flight" issues that I have seen. I will let people know about the telemetry.

More
16 Apr 2014 23:20 #22489 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Telemetry bug?
4.0.1 is the most stable release, and the only one I recommend folks use unless they directly need a newer version.

I haven't had time to look at the telemetry range issue in nightly-builds. I thought they'd been corrected when I fixed the forward-range issue, so I would have expected #533 to be fixed as well, but as I didn't verify it, I can't be sure that is the case. If linux-user says it is still there, it likely is.

More
17 Apr 2014 16:49 - 17 Apr 2014 18:45 #22509 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic Telemetry bug?

PhracturedBlue wrote: I haven't had time to look at the telemetry range issue in nightly-builds. I thought they'd been corrected when I fixed the forward-range issue, so I would have expected #533 to be fixed as well.

I just did a short telemetry range test with nightly da8682f. (Devo10 - MiniCP)
I could get a telemetry range of ~50m, but the telemetry values tend to become marked invalid very easy, even if I am well within range limit. When telemetry values are marked invalid, they tend to stay invalid for a longer time, but may get valid again some time later.

Update:
Just cross checked with 689090a, which seems to behave the same, so #533 is still there, although the bug may not be exactly a range issue.

V4.0.1 definitely behaves different.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2014 18:45 by linux-user. Reason: cross checked with 689090a and V4.0.1

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds