Battery Question Devo 12s

More
15 Apr 2014 21:05 #22431 by unclecrash
Battery Question Devo 12s was created by unclecrash
Has anyone tryed to charge the tx battery with a regular or lithium Ion charger through the charge jack? Or has anyone swapped out the battery for a 2 cell Lipo, Life battery? It would be nice to charge a bit faster if possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2014 23:13 - 15 Apr 2014 23:14 #22434 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Battery Question Devo 12s
I've charged it OUT of the Tx with the leads from my multi meter. I wouldn't suggest doing it all the time.

A 2 cell lipo is 8.4v fully charged, a 2 cell Life is 6.6 (I think). Anyway, the TX is expecting 4.2v fully charged, so my guess is anything over 5v would be bad, and maybe even let out some magic smoke.

Normally I just charge mine when I'm not going to be using it for awhile. From about 3.7v to fully charged it takes a couple of hours with a 2amp 5v charger connected to the tx. I once tried a 2.5amp charger, but started to get some electron smell and turned that off real fast.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 15 Apr 2014 23:14 by Hexperience.

More
15 Apr 2014 23:50 #22437 by unclecrash
Replied by unclecrash on topic Battery Question Devo 12s
Good to know so I won't be the first to cook it. I was not sure if it could take more than a single cell.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds