Complex Mixer "None", for the 1st, why?

More
21 May 2014 00:20 - 21 May 2014 00:23 #23430 by SkyKraken
Complex Mixer "None", for the 1st, why? was created by SkyKraken
I was reading Matthias's Complex Mixer Tutorial, He mentions this, which is what I see in some of Tom Z's configs I loaded.

IMPORTANT: If you want to assign one or more different curves to a mixer and control them with a switch, say e. g. the FMODE switch for two or more throttle curves, make sure to select "None" for the switch of the FIRST mixer on PAGE 1.

Why? Why should I use "NONE", instead of "NORMAL", when setting up Mixes for the FMode.

Or what would occur is "NONE" isn't selected, what cause and effect would I see?

Thanks, sorry for the newbie question.
Last edit: 21 May 2014 00:23 by SkyKraken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2014 20:00 #24779 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Complex Mixer "None", for the 1st, why?
Since no one has answered it, I will:

The switch needs to be None. While that's not strictly true, doing it that way will be more robust.

Consider what happens if you have a 1-page complex mixer. If you have a switch of FMODE1 but the switch is set to FMODE0, what's the output? Now extend that to a two-page mixer on the Devo 7E, with settings for FMODE0 and FMODE1. What happens when I move that to a different transmitter that lets me set things to FMODE2?

Setting the first mixer switch to None establishes a default value for the channel. You then modify and/or replace that with further mixers. So instead of using FMODE0 and FMODE1, you use None and FMODE1. It behave the same way on a 7E, but will not have odd behaviors on other transmitters or if you should edit it later for some reason.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds