Binding 2 Tx to the same Rx?

More
21 May 2014 16:58 #23466 by robca
Binding 2 Tx to the same Rx? was created by robca
I have a KK2 flight controller with a Lemon Rx satellite (DSM2). The KK2 takes the satellite input directly, so I don't have a DSM2 receiver. Unfortunately it's impossible to bind the satellite using only the KK2, so I have to first bind the satellite when connected to a DSM2 receiver, then connect to the KK2. Ordinarily, it's an operation you perform only once

I have a Devo 10 and a Devo 7e, though. And from time to time I like using the Devo 7e instead of the 10 (easier to carry)

Problem is, in order to switch Tx I need to carry an extra DSM2 receiver, connect the satellite to the Rx and a battery, bind it, then connect to the KK2 again

I was wondering if there's a trick to "copy" the binding information from the Devo 10 to the 7e (both obviously running the same Deviation build). After all, I was thinking, the binding info must be stored somewhere on the Tx :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2014 18:46 #23473 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Binding 2 Tx to the same Rx?
We added this capability to the nightly builds, but it is not available on the Devo7e. I don't recall why I didn't support the Devo7e. I'd need to go look over the original discussions to see if there was a good reason for it.

More
21 May 2014 18:46 - 21 May 2014 18:47 #23474 by IMback!
Replied by IMback! on topic Binding 2 Tx to the same Rx?
you need to have the same tx id on both txes. if I remember correctly pb recently added the option to override the txid in tx.conf

edit: and he beat me to it
Last edit: 21 May 2014 18:47 by IMback!.

More
21 May 2014 20:06 #23478 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Binding 2 Tx to the same Rx?
I just made a commit to enable txid on the devo7e. It should be available in tomorrow's nightly.

You can read about it in this thread:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...-8s-w-1002-or-1202rx

The reason I hadn't done it before is that there wasn't enough room in the dsm2 protocol to support it. To resolve that, I removed the ability to disable telemetry on the Devo7e (i.e. telemetry mode is always enabled). This change only affects the devo7e. The other models still have the option to control it.

More
22 May 2014 10:40 #23495 by robca
Replied by robca on topic Binding 2 Tx to the same Rx?
terrific, thanks so much!

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds