Switch reassignment

More
14 Jun 2014 16:07 - 14 Jun 2014 16:08 #24074 by OU812
Switch reassignment was created by OU812
Hello,
I'm new to the Forum and have a question about switch assignments. I've searched the forum but can't find what I’m looking for.
On my Devo 7e I want the Hold switch to be on the right and the Fmod Switch to be on the left of the TX. I'm pretty sure it's possible to reassign these switches but I’m not having any luck making it happen.

Attached is one of Tom Z models (model32), I've tried switching Channel 6 and Channel 7 in the .ini file (attached model33) but it isn't working correctly.

Thanks in advanced.
OU821
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Jun 2014 16:08 by OU812.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2014 01:20 #24160 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Switch reassignment
It's very easy.

To swap your D/R from the FMODE switch on the right, to the Hold switch on the left. simply open up the model.ini.

Then find all instance of FMODE

And change it to HOLD

To enable your throttle-cut and configure it for the FMOD switch. Look at channel 3 section of the model.ini

Tom has set the safety switch to the RUD DR1 for his Devo10.

safetysw=RUD DR1

For the Devo 7e, change it to:

safetysw=FMODE1

More
25 Jun 2014 01:49 #24231 by OU812
Replied by OU812 on topic Switch reassignment
Hey Daryoon,
Thanks so much for response. That does seem simple and makes sense.

I wanted to do the change because my honey bee king 2 Tx has the FMODE switch on the left and I had gotten use to that. But I've been using the Devo 7e TX so much now with the left side Hold switch that I should probably just leave it the way it is. I was going to delete the entry but you already responded. Hopefully it'll help someone else.

Do most manufactures use the Left side for Hold and right side for FMODE? I’ve been away from the hobby for a couple of years now. I guess at the end of the day it’s all personal preference…
Thanks again:}

More
25 Jun 2014 21:37 #24249 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Switch reassignment
Like most things in this Hobby...there's no standard. :D

Some manufacturer have it on the left side. Some manufacturer have it on the right side.

I trained myself on the Turnigy 9x. Which has it on the left side.

So it was a natural progression when I moved to the Devo radio.

But I think those who started out with Spektrum radio are used to the right side TH switch.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds