New to deviation, a little help please :)

More
21 Jun 2014 11:18 #24172 by Jackso11
Hi all, I am totally new to deviation...so new I am still looking at which set to buy.

I fly micros all the time, helis and quads, and have never really looked into consolidating handsets to one until I accidentally bought a second hand Hubsan x4 with the wrong mode handset which I am finding really hard to teach my brain to use! So looked for a replacement handset and found Devo's :)

So, am I correct in thinking I can get a Devo7e and a A7105 module from somewhere (perhaps one of my current controllers? if not ebay), short out a diode in the Tx to increase range, and end up with a set up that I can fly pretty much any micro with? Including my X4? and will the Devo7e be able to turn my camera on and off on my X4?

Or...should I be looking at a different set all together bearing in mind I only fly micros?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2014 13:25 - 21 Jun 2014 13:26 #24173 by jdoo
www.deviationtx.com/articles/21-which-devo-tx-should-i-buy

I recently jumped into the fray, with the newer white Devo10 through Banggood. It's a little heavier than some of the others but I like that. I've consolidated my V2x2s ( 222, 252), and my Eye One Xtremes (module was soldered in to support the xtremes) with the single controller. Am waiting for the experts here to finish the Traxxas Alias work, so I can add that to the birds I fly with the Devo 10. Anyway - if you can stand the weight.. The Devo 10 has a lot going for it (range, extra toggle switches, and some internals that negate the need for some transmitter soldering.)

j
Last edit: 21 Jun 2014 13:26 by jdoo.

More
21 Jun 2014 13:54 #24174 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic New to deviation, a little help please :)
Considering the visibility of micros and the fact that the A7105 is its own module and isn't affected by the range mod, you can actually skip the range mod if you stick to the micros.

More
21 Jun 2014 21:19 #24177 by Jackso11
Replied by Jackso11 on topic New to deviation, a little help please :)
Thanks for the answers :) I guess if I got the Devo10 it might be better in the long run if I got a larger 'drone', like a parrot or similar.

How will I add control of the camera in the X4? Or is it already written as controlled by one of the 2 way switches in a deviation firmware update?

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds