Building quadcopter

More
28 Jun 2014 16:42 #24279 by Teemu147
Building quadcopter was created by Teemu147
Hello, what do i need take note to if build quadcopter?

1.How different flight controller effect to devo 10 setup?
2.how hard it is to do setup to devo10 for quadcopter?
3.naza m lite is better than kk2.1.5?
4.what flight controller you would suggest?
5.I have orange rx that suppport cppm, how many channels i can use with one servo lead to flight controller?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2014 12:01 #24291 by robca
Replied by robca on topic Building quadcopter
Many of your questions are probably better asked in a dedicated forum (rcgroups.com or similar)

1. Devo 10 with deviation can control just about anything, nothing to consider. Choose all of your other components based on your needs, and the Devo 10 will be able to control everything
2. It depends :) in general, easy, but you might want to program special features that require tricks on the Devo 10. So far, I found nothing I could do with another radio but not the Devo 10 and Deviation
3. there's never something "better" in absolute, it's all about what what you need. KK 2.1.5 has a very active forum on rcgroups, and there are coders releasing new versions frequently. If that's a plus for you or not, it depends on what you need
4. it depends :) I have uses for both KK2 and APM with Arducopter.
5. assuming you have the r615x, it should support 6 channels, but once again this question is better asked in a forum dedicated to the receiver. The Devo 10 with deviation can send up to 12 channels to any receiver, it's up to the receiver to send out the signals on the other end

More
29 Jun 2014 16:31 #24295 by Teemu147
Replied by Teemu147 on topic Building quadcopter
Thanks for answer robca!
Little update to this topic:

Im planning to use cc3d flight controller, anyone in this forum using it? Feel free to tell experiences of it.

Radio programming should be easy becouse mainly all programming hapens on flight controller via computer

Biggest question mark now have orange rx (615x) and cppm, or can i use just normal pwm with it?

If i use cppm to flight controller will my other channels leave free for example light and other gadgets?

Here whats cc3d manual say:

1.In the case of a combined PPM receiver signal, the same port is used. The PPM stream should be sent to the first input through the white wire connected to CC ReceiverPort pin 1. For a PPM receiver, only the CC ReceiverPort pin 1 is used, and the remaining wires connected to CC ReceiverPort pins 2-6 are unused by the receiver.
The port can be configured as a PPM receiver + Outputs: The ReceiverPort is used as a PPM input port like in above point
2. However, the 4 remaining CC ReceiverPort pins 3-6 can be used as output ports. In this mode, the wires connected to pins 3-6 are yellow, green, orange & pink ) & work as output channels. If you use this mode, please be careful to unplug any PWM receiver first.

More
29 Jun 2014 19:09 #24297 by robca
Replied by robca on topic Building quadcopter
None of your questions are Deviation specific. I suggest you ask them in the CC3D or Orange receiver forums

More
02 Jul 2014 14:35 #24348 by Teemu147
What channel fmod switch uses on devo10?

More
02 Jul 2014 14:37 #24349 by jesmail
Replied by jesmail on topic Building quadcopter
@Teemu147

Which ever you assign it to.

More
03 Jul 2014 13:59 #24356 by Teemu147

jesmail wrote: @Teemu147

Which ever you assign it to.

I mean that i need to config that switch on cc3d flight controller but i need to get all three positions from that switch, how i do it?

More
03 Jul 2014 14:09 #24357 by jesmail
Replied by jesmail on topic Building quadcopter
@Teemu147

Go into the mixer menu and select complex.
Add 3 mixers, one for each position.

Easiest to add via the menu's but the ini file would look some thing like

[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE0
scalar=75
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE1
scalar=15
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE2
scalar=-50
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds