Retrieve & clone the cyrfmfg_id / txid of a X1TXN

More
10 Oct 2014 19:37 #26030 by Philipp
Hey guys,
first post on this forum, please be kind :blush:
This is not a feature request, I just want to understand some of the details of DSM2/DSMX binding, modelmatch and txids/cyrf_mfgids.

I just bought a used Devo 7e and installed Deviation on it. It's safe to say that I am quite in love with it. :silly:
Rather than ripping it apart to do the range- and switch-mods I would like to try something software related first.

Allmost all of my toys use DSM2/DSMX and I used to control them with a DX6i. Last winter I upgraded to a Taranis running openTX and built a 'hack' DSMX module for it, basically just a X1TXN module out of a DX5e with some supporting circuitry.

I would like to 'clone' the ID of this module to control my models either with the Taranis or the Devo. From what I have found on this forum and the Deviation bitbucket so far I believe this is possible, however not without significant effort.

Sharing a random txid between two or more radios running Deviation seems to work according to this post :

PhracturedBlue wrote: After a bit more consideration, I've re-implemented this capability.
I replaced the PRNG with our 32bit LFSR, and replaced the cyrfid override with a generic txid override. [...]
Note that this value is not used directly, it is (part of) the seed to an lfsr, so it will be randomized. [...]

This does mean that I cannot simply paste the cyrfmfg_id of my X1TXN module in txid=1234ABCD, right?

Even if this is possible, how can I retrieve the cyrfmfg_id of my X1TXN module?
I absolutely understand that questions regarding sniffing and cloning this id 'over the air' using the CYRF chip in the Devo might not be answered due to the possibility of somebody cloning an txid midflight and interfering with the original tx.
I guess sniffing this id with an logic analyzer on the receiver should work, can anybody share his experiences with me?
Do satellite receivers communicate this id via their serialport?

I'd like to read your thoughts on retrieving the id of genuine DSM2/DSMX modules! I am interested in this even if it is not possible to use this id in Deviation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds