Walkera Rx601 and towerpro sg90 compatible?

More
12 Nov 2014 21:45 #26372 by ErikZ
Hi,

I'm a bit of a noob in the world of RC.

I have a Devo 7e running the deviation firmware 4.0.1 which I have sucessfully paired with a rx601 receiver.

To test things out I've connected a TowerPro Sg90 servo to the rx601 but I cannot get it to move when I move the controller sticks.

I've checked the channel monitors on the Devo 7e and it looks fine. I've also hooked up the signal output of the throttle rx601 channel to an oscilloscope and I can observe a square wave that halves in width depending on the state of the throttle on the TX but as mentioned before I cannot get the sg90 servo to budge.

Is this supposed to work or am I missing anything obvious?

Thank you,
Erik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2014 00:43 #26374 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic Walkera Rx601 and towerpro sg90 compatible?
Any chance the servo is plugged in upside down? If you can see the pulse width changing with the control input, the servo really should work.

More
13 Nov 2014 14:24 #26384 by ErikZ
I tried to rotate the servo connector 180 degrees but no change.

Are all servos meant to be compatible with all receivers or is there some kind of compatibility chart?

More
13 Nov 2014 18:26 #26392 by aMax
Do you have a safety on that channel?
Did you try a different servo port?
Since it´s a simple analog servo(pulse width:500-2400µs)it should do something. Otherwise it´s for the bin.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
15 Nov 2014 05:34 #26413 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic Walkera Rx601 and towerpro sg90 compatible?

ErikZ wrote: Are all servos meant to be compatible with all receivers or is there some kind of compatibility chart?

Pretty much. There are a few edge cases, but as long as the plug matches, they're almost always compatible. Especially analog servos.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds