Devo10 arrives tomorrow with deviation4 installed!

More
01 Dec 2014 23:46 #26720 by Ride1226
Looking forward to this radio arriving tomorrow. I custom flash firmware on pretty much everything I own so this is very cool to me. That being said, I'll getting back into flight after about 4 years of not touching a transmitter let alone something this custom.

I'd like to know how to begin setting up my radio for quadcopters. I am building two micros around the alienwii board and lemonrx which are dsm2. My radio is already flashed by the previous owner but I plan to do a "factory reset" so to speak and delete his programming and start fresh. Basically, where do I begin to even set things up for a quad to fly? Heli or plane and then what?

I'd also like to program my 3 position switch to have 3 flight modes. Something like the following:

Mode 1: 50% throw on all channels except throttle (throttle still has 100%) with a self righting horizon mode.
Mode 2: 100% throws on all channels with self righting horizon mode.
Mode3: 100% on all channels but no self righting. Total pilot control.

Thanks all! Can't wait to get in the air again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2014 20:09 #26981 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo10 arrives tomorrow with deviation4 installed!
Have not setup a quad myself...but...all the mixing is done by the quad-mainboard firmware.

Same applies to a FBL heli.
For a fixed pitch heli you could also choose either plane OR heli (1 servo 90 degree).

The latter works for my flybarless V120D02s.

So if you want to give the basic menus a go, try the simple heli.
If you run out of settings, copy it over to #2 model (keeps programming) and continue by the advanced mixer menus.

The simple GUI is a little bit easy compared to the menues of traditional computer senders, where you can map switches to channel, setup switch values or even setup 2-6 free programmable mixes.

DualRate / Expo can be setup in the simple heli gui fine.

I bet you will land in the advanced mixer gui :-)

Of course it makes no sense to setup pitch curves for the channel.
Heli menue will setup basic channels including pitch. You do not require them.

Probably it makes no sense to set hold switch to -100% throttle for a quad which can self-land or return-to-home?!?
The heli simple GUI is quite heli-oriented.
But it has a menu "Gyro sense" where you can assign concrete 3 values to a channel like gear/CH5 or AUX2/CH7. In a second menue "switch assignment" you can assign "gyro sense" to a 3-pos switch like mix or fmode.

DualRate/Expo: you can either setup on fmode switch or 1-2 D/R switches (2 2-pos switches = 3-pos D/R setup). The latter works in advanced mixer GUI.
In the simple heli GUI you can only choose 3 individual D/R switches or use fmode switch instead.

I would first give the simple heli GUI a go and try to get as far as possible. You can copy it to a #2 model and see how your saved programming looks like in the advanced mixer GUI.

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds