V120D02V2 with Devo 7E and Tom Z's settings

More
11 Dec 2014 15:12 #26892 by Deequeue
Hi All,

First time poster here, so go easy on me, and this is my first FBL heli - I've had a search through and didnt find anything along a similar line.

So, I've been getting used to FP heli's after an interesting experience with a HB CP2 a while back. Thought I would move to a V120 so I could fly it indoors a little more than the larger kit.

So, got mine yesterday, and its come with a Devo7E that's clearly not been used with the heli before. After figuring out how the Walkera kit binds, I had a small play then flashed and installed the Deviation software, as I can then use it to control my other DSM birds.

Big question I have is this: With the Devo firmware, the Hold toggle switch appears to enable and disable the FBL mixer, and in the 0 pos, the servo's respond to heli movement - I assume this is to correct for wind / movement and generally make it easier to fly. With it toggled to 1, the LED on the RX goes out, and it appears to function like a normal flybar heli.

However, Toms setup on the Deviation firmware has a throttle hold / cut on the Hold switch, which is a great addition, but I cant figure out how to re-enable the FBL mixer setting, so the LED is always off.

I figure its actually better, as it will teach better heli control, but... is there a way to switch it back on?!

I dont really want to switch back to the Devo firmware, as I like being able to get used to the Tx on all my heli's, but its an option I would like to have going forward. I assume I'm missing something simple, but the devo and deviation software are quite daunting at first.

Thanks
Dale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2014 13:41 - 13 Dec 2014 13:49 #26926 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic V120D02V2 with Devo 7E and Tom Z's settings
Hi Dale,

are you using simple or advanced GUI?

There are multiple switches.
F-Mode
Hold
Mix (Devo 10)

There is only gyro heading hold, not normal / rate mode available on V120D02s with RX2636H-D receiver.
You can NOT fly with the LED turned off, which disables the FBL completely. It is the same like switching directly the ADJ switch on the RX.

Just make sure the gyro gain for heading hold is >50% like 75/80% as described in the manual.

The correct usage is this:
- flying: put gyro gain on the fmode switch (75-80% gain)
- setup: either use ADJ switch on the RX or tweak the gyro gain with 0-50% setting

You always use the Hold switch to stop throttle.
It makes no real sense to use the Hold switch for changing gyro for flying.

Deequeue wrote: Big question I have is this: With the Devo firmware, the Hold toggle switch appears to enable and disable the FBL mixer, and in the 0 pos, the servo's respond to heli movement

Hold is used for throttle off and not gyro gain settings when flying.

> I assume this is to correct for wind / movement and generally make it easier to fly. With it toggled to 1, the LED on the RX goes out, and it appears to function like a normal flybar heli.

This is to setup the heli.
This turns off FBL completely.
Wrong for flying!!!

Deequeue wrote: However, Toms setup on the Deviation firmware has a throttle hold / cut on the Hold switch, which is a great addition, but I cant figure out how to re-enable the FBL mixer setting, so the LED is always off.

You seem to miss the configuration option to assign the gyro channel to the fmode switch.

Deequeue wrote: I figure its actually better, as it will teach better heli control, but... is there a way to switch it back on?!

Wrong. You should NOT fly a flybarless heli with a turned off FBL!!!
It will NOT teach "better heli control".

Since the V120 is NOT a flybar heli (with a flybar), you NEED the FBL (turned on) when flying!!!
Only turn off the FBL for setup!

FBL on = steady red LED, no blinking, red light not turned off

For the gyro gain settings the V120 manual is not that bad.
It also describes how you firstly have to setup the servos / TS levelling, 0-pitch and stuff.
I suggest that you use the ADJ switch on the RX directly instead of tweaking the gyro gain value <=50% on the transmitter.

Greetings from Germany

Thomas
Last edit: 13 Dec 2014 13:49 by Thomas.Heiss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds