Trying install Deviation fw - Protocol folder!!

More
01 Jan 2015 17:59 #27402 by Barbisan
Hi guys!

I'm pretty desperate, i've been flying a super cp with devo7e since it didn't binf anymore, then i thougth it was the rx.
Boght a brand new Super Cp BNF, arrived just yesterday and has the same problem just keep in blinking like the previous.

Tryied to install the Deviation fw on my devo7e, everything following the instruction but....i DO NOT FIND any protocol folder, anywhere!! Am i totally blind? I even saw the youtube instructions on the same latest Deviation fw and in the videio they have the Protocol folder!!

Now i tryied to come back on the original fw but the tx is behaving strange, showing a start screen with broken graphic and keep on beeping the "throttle stick" alarm like if it was not in lower position.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I just cannot believe that i have my brand new Super Cp and now i maybe need a new radio!!

Alessandro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2015 00:38 #27405 by Deal57
Withe the 7e you need to perform the DFUSE install, then power off and power back on with the ENT button pressed so you can see a USB drive. Then you need to copy over the folders in the zip files along with the tx.ini and (for nightlies) hardware.ini.

If you have done that, then we would need more info about the failure. Is the TX set for mode 2 (left throttle)? Were you able to successfully copy the folders? What version are you running, etc.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
02 Jan 2015 09:47 - 02 Jan 2015 09:48 #27412 by Barbisan
Hi!

Thank for the help!

I actually amanged to fully install Deviation 4.0.1. I changed computer and downloaded the file and inside i finally found the protocol folder! So the firmware is working on the radio..
All the files are in...exept hardware.ini..do i need this?

Anyway it's still not binding!!

Yes the tx is mode 2!
I copied everything succesfully
4.0.1 Deviation firmware

This problem actually started before installing deviation.
1 month ago, everything was running fine, when in a couple of flight suddenly i was loosing control of the Super Cp. I landed, made the binding again and before taking off everything was fine...but then flying again i was loosing control. The last time the Super Cp was 4 meters above me just not reacting and flying steadly forward...i panicked and shut down the Tx, and then after a while the heli dropped dead.
When i came back home, i couldn't bind the heli anymore, it was just blinking waiting for connection and that's it.
This is where started the problem.
I was abroad in that moment and i couldn't try, reinstall, check ecc...
I was 100% sure that was the Super Cp RX board the problem. So i bought online a new Super Cp BNF, which arrived here at my home two day ago! And when i tryied, 100% sure that i was going to enjoy a good flight i see that nothing changed!!!
And here i am now...whit two Super Cp and unable to fly... :(((((
Last edit: 02 Jan 2015 09:48 by Barbisan.

More
02 Jan 2015 13:10 #27414 by Deal57
You'll have a hardware.ini only if you are running the nightly builds. Since you aren't, it's not a problem. It sounds like you may be new to Deviation? If not, well you've probably tried everything and I can probably only offer a sympathetic ear. If you're new, welcome, and maybe we can get more info:

Do you get the Deviation logo on boot without errors? I think the default Heli model for 6-channel heli uses the Devo protocol, so did you use that template to create a new model (press ENT, select 1. Model Menu, select 1. Model setup, then use the R+ key to get the Template.. Option)? In the model setup screen, use the DN- key to see if the Devo protocol show a star next to it like "<*DEVO>"? If there is no star, then the software is seeing the radio hardware module. Does the <BIND> button have any effect?

If there is a star next to Devo then it's probably a hardware problem. Let us know what you find.

More
02 Jan 2015 21:04 #27421 by Barbisan
I confirm you that i'm a total noob!!

First time using Deviation and still having doubts about ID, protocols ecc...
For example i didn't know about the template..and not sure i got it...

Anyway i have a news from today... i tried to bind the old heli, the one that wasn't working and led me to buy a new one... well, was the first time with the Deviation, and after deleting the fixed ID, it was WORKING!!
So probably the problem is not the radio, even if the control of the old heli wasn't 100% perfect, but this maybe is due to bad connection between battery and rx and maybe the rx itself as is thoutgh at the beginning.

The problem anyway is that i cannot bind the new heli, which is really frustrating because instead is the old one working!!

Already tried with the bind plug and deleting del fixed ID from the tx, but probably i'm doing something wrong here...

Thaaaaanks!!!

More
02 Jan 2015 21:42 #27423 by Deal57
Did you try to make a new model for the second device? Use a different model (e.g. Model2.ini) and start with a new template just like the previous one. I don't have a Super CP, and maybe someone who knows them can chime in.

We are all noobs at something! Deviation is a constant learning challenge; these guys have put together an amazing and powerful product!

Let us know how it goes.

More
03 Jan 2015 00:06 #27425 by Barbisan
I tried, but nothing changes...

I'm running out of ideas...

More
03 Jan 2015 01:21 #27427 by Deal57
There is a thread on RCGroups that might help...

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t...uper+cp#post30358709

Hope this is helpful.

More
03 Jan 2015 03:51 #27428 by aMax
Did your reset the fixed ID at the rx?
Take the your SCP manual, the bind plug and start the procedure.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
03 Jan 2015 11:12 #27432 by Barbisan
Already tried many many times...but did it again an nothing!

The procedure i follow is this one.
TX off
RX battery unplugged and bind plug in
RX battery plugged with bind plug in
RX LED flashing slow
TX on searching for bind
RX unplug bing plug
RX Led flashing quickly and nothing happens

Repeated this many times, even with different timing but only after desperation...

Other strange thing, the old supercp, is binding without problems...but something strange is happening...i can control it, but when giving power to the rotor it doen's reach full power, and i loose control after half throttle stick, then the rotor slowly decrease speed until stops and i don't have any control anymore...
I used fully charged batteries, trying more than one fully operative battery but always the same... only changing the time and max throttle time to time, but always the same end...

More
03 Jan 2015 13:40 - 03 Jan 2015 13:48 #27433 by aMax

Barbisan wrote: ...........
Other strange thing, the old supercp, is binding without problems...but something strange is happening...i can control it, but when giving power to the rotor it doen's reach full power, and i loose control after half throttle stick, then the rotor slowly decrease speed until stops and i don't have any control anymore...

Do you loose bind at this time or does only the motor decrease speed?
Any fixed speed programmmed to Fmod1 (idle up)?
Try this first.
If it still does not work for more speed but stays bind, swap the motor for a test. Maybe the motor is bourned out or the powercable to the motor is nearly broken within the insulation. I had this both with my SCP.

Or swap the rx board the new one....the best solution.

EDIT:
Copy your scp ini file to a different model.ini, clear the id and try a re-init first with the new board.( bind procedure with the plug...)

Last edit: 03 Jan 2015 13:48 by aMax.

More
03 Jan 2015 14:34 #27434 by Barbisan
After stopping the motor The led kept on flashing slow..seems like it's bound but everytime it happens is little different..
Tried now and it was giving more power, almost max to the motore then suddenly it died and i had no control at all, while keep in flashing slow like before...

Then something wierd happened and i catched it on youtube..

The rx was bound, but i had almost no control from the tx, only small strange movements..

but when i was touching and moving slitgly the capacitor the servo was reacting, almost perfectly to the moving of the capacitor...
What the heck is happening here??

Is this something depending from the tx or the rx?

About the new heli, and new rx, i tryied almost everything but no way... i will try as you suggested me even if i think i tryied...
I actually don't have any .ini saved, can i just erase a model slot and do it again?

The point is, i can always bind the old rx, but NEVER the new one...but all these three elements, two rxs and tx seems to be potentially the guilty factor...

More
03 Jan 2015 17:00 #27438 by Deal57
It seems unclear to me, so please confirm that the videos above are showing your #1 (old) SCP. If so, if you've got loose or bad connections then you could have control problems.

So can you address each problem separately? It looks to me like two issues:
1. (old SCP) control failures, intermittent failures, rx issues with loose or bad connection(s). It appears that the TX can bind, but the control issues were there before the TX, so the TX is probably not the problem. I think Issue 1 may be better addressed outside the Deviation forums, but don't take this to mean we're abandoning you. If there is a hardware problem on the RX Deviation can't fix it.

And
2. (New SCP) won't bind. This appears to be a problem in the bind process, the RX or the TX. The bind process can be tricky, but we all do it pretty often (with our own variety of birds...). I think if you take it one step at a time it will work, assuming we rule out the possibility that the new SCP is bad.
For the TX, Tom Z. has posted bunch of Deviation models you can use at www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...pter-and-quad-models ; post 17995 has walkera settings. You can also use them to create your own. Once the TX is set up with the model definition, you can review the output using the Channel monitor (ENT to get the main menu, select Transmitter menu, then view the Channel monitor.) He makes special mention about binding and fixed ID, so maybe that can address what's happening?

Let us know...

More
03 Jan 2015 20:25 #27441 by aMax
Oh dear........... :whistle:
looks to me, as if it´s the same heli. Tailboom broken at the same spot?

If you want to wreck this rx completely, keep on moving the capacitor...
First some solderwork is necessary and then this part should be secured with little hotglue or CA.

Btw, agree with Deal57.

More
04 Jan 2015 00:19 #27451 by Barbisan
Hi!

Thanks for the tips and clear answer!

Sorry for some confusion i'm going to make i more clear now...

1# Both the videos was taken using the OLD RX, mounted on the NEW heli's body.
This because i could exclude at the same time a problem on the servos and the motors and because i wanted to check if these problems was happening also on the new body or only with the whole old heli.
(The tail boom si not broken, that the protection that's coming with the heli brand new, actually 3 days of life just taken out of the box...)
No problem about being in the "wrong" place, is a right and fair opinion.
You gave me a good tip and you think the same as me that the TX seems not being the problem. I will try to check the connections for what i can do.

2# I don't take for granted that the new Super Cp is 100% working, and maybe that's the problem.
I think i tried many ways and many times the bind procedure, but as i said i'm also very noob, and i will read carefully the post and try all the procedure!!

I hope is more clear now!!

Guys thank you very much indeed so far, you are really kind! ;)

More
04 Jan 2015 12:11 #27462 by Barbisan
I followed all the Tom Z instructions and nothing changes...

I copied the model "model8-2" which is for deviation firmware v4 and the DEVO 6/6S/8/8S/10/12/12S

The devo 7e wasn't listed, but in the thread somebody was saying this was right also for 7e...

So i used this, i tried again the binding and still only the old rx is working...

I took two video to show my procedure...

Fixed ID reset and Bind NEW RX

Bind of Old and New RX

I didn't understand how the channel monitor should be used...

I would like at least to spot the working devices and the non working one..
I would like to find 100% sure if the TX is working or is part of the problem...
Just to understan how to manage the situation, if buy another heli, or change the TX or just sell everything as parts and take some money back... :( :( :(

More
04 Jan 2015 12:26 #27463 by Barbisan
Checking the boards...i noticed something strange to me...

There's a contact in the old RX that is not in the new RX...

In the picture on the left is the NEW rx, on the right the OLD one...

In the left rx, look at the left capacitor pin, there's a soldering that connect it to the small wired bridge...which is not in the right (OLD) RX... if you look at the same capacitor pin there's not the soldering...
Does this play some role in this situation??

More
04 Jan 2015 13:23 #27465 by Deal57
Was there supposed to be a photo attached? If the capacitor on the old board has a broken solder joint that would probably have an effect on your control. If you have an LHS they may be able to help. At least Google for that part number and see if you can get it fixed correctly. I don't think THAT problem is one we can deal with here, and to prevent any further damage it might make sense to put that old board away. Now that we've seen how the bind should look, I don't think the OLD board can help you solve the problem with the NEW board.

On the NEW SCP you have a problem with binding. If the other notes I've found on that subject are any indication (search "Walkera Super CP bind" both here as well as on RCGroups.com or search for the RX part number), getting that first bind can be tricky, because first you must clear the current ID (unless you know what it is, then you would simply use that ID in your TX). If the Deviation model has no fixed ID entered, you just need to correctly clear the ID in the RX, then the binding should work.

Here is an example I found that may be relevant.
deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussi...cancel-fixedid#16889

More
04 Jan 2015 14:34 - 04 Jan 2015 15:57 #27468 by aMax
As far as I can remember, you have to power down the rx after removing the bindplug.
Then connect power again and switch on the tx.
You may ask why. The ID into flash ram is cleared, but might be still into the ram of the mcu.
Here is a video showing this procedure with a MiniCP.

After that, you will find a new computed ID if you go to the ID field in your devo and pressed ENTER....
Into this section press done and the devo will show from now on only Bind and the new FIXED ID....

Last edit: 04 Jan 2015 15:57 by aMax. Reason: removed a double word from the sentence.

More
04 Jan 2015 23:49 #27496 by Barbisan
Sorry guys, i forget the pic!!!

Here it is!
www.imagesup.net/?di=714204142550

I was showing the old rx only to show how it is reacting with the tx...but i agree that i need to solve only the new rx!

aMax I tried with your idea, powring down the rx after removing the plug...nothing changed...

I will try to search some more on google and in the forums..
I think i tried at least 50 times in different ways to clear that ID...i'm starting to think that i have a defective one...

I will le you know..

Thanks again for the great help so far!!

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds