New to CP and Deviation. Have a few questions

More
10 Jan 2015 04:23 #27595 by tlhjackets
Just received my Walkera Master CP w/ DEVO 10 transmitter. I went with the Devo 10 over the 7E due to what I have read on this and other sites. I have already converted to the Deviation firmware and loaded three different beginner models from the forum.The transmitter binds properly and I am able to test the control of the helicopter. I also have read the Master CP and Deviation manuals however I have a couple general questions.

1. With CP helicopters do you use the throttle hold to keep the motor from spinning and then to start spin up you simply switch off the TH with the throttle at mid stick?
2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, is there anyway to control how sudden the motor starts at spin up. I have watched several videos and the start at spin up is much more "gradual" than when I switch off the TH. It actually spins the whole helicopter on the ground.
3. In some of the models descriptions it mentions different "levels" within the models for example Normal, Stunt1 and Stunt 2? If I am understanding this correctly how do you switch between these modes?

Thank you in advance,
Tim H.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2015 20:09 - 10 Jan 2015 20:10 #27608 by mwm
CP heli's normally have at least two flight modes.

One (sometimes called "Idle up") runs the throttle from -100 -> 100, like a coax or fp heli or most multirotors. Pitch will run from slightly down to full up. In this mode, you can switch off TH with the throttle in the full down position, and you're fine.

The other (sometimes called "Stunt") leaves the throttle at a fixed value, or has a slight V shape on liquid-powered aircraft to compensate for the engine reacting to changes in load. The pitch curve will go from full down to full up.

Having a mode in between those two - for instance, I use a flat throttle and more limited pitch for scale flying - would be a stunt 1 vs. stunt 2 thing.

On large helis, suddenly imposing the full load of a stunt mode throttle from zero throttle is hard on the power train. That's not as true on smaller ones, but I'd rather not do it in as I do plan on flying larger aircraft, and don't want to develop bad habits.

Switching between the flight modes is normally done with the FMODE switch, 0 being Idle up or Normal and 1 & 2 being Stunt 1 & Stunt 2, respectively. In the standard GUI, this is configured in the Switch Assignment menu. I suspect it's the Fly mode setting, but I don't use the standard GUI.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2015 20:10 by mwm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds