CC2500PA question.

More
17 Jan 2015 04:37 #27759 by avroarrow4ever
CC2500PA question. was created by avroarrow4ever
Hi all, just a few questions about this cc2500 module..
www.banggood.com/CC2500-PA-LNA-Romote-Wi...F24L01-p-922595.html

Does this module actually have the NRF24L01 chip in it, or is it just a 2500?

I bought this thinking it has both modules inside. I'm a noob, what do I know! :unsure: So, if it does...

I am running the 28febe7 nightly on a devo 10. I've installed the A7105 module with no problems, and the CC2500 with no problems (the skyartec protocols are available). All of the protocols associated with the NRF24L01 are asterisked out. If I enable the NRF24L01 in the hardware.ini, the devo10 tells me missing multi-module, and keeps resetting itself. I've disabled the CC2500 and enabled NRF24L01, and it says the same thing. I've enabled the multi-module in the hardware.ini, still same issue.

I've wired the CC2500 as per Phracturedblue's bitbucket website about the module list (pic included).

I don't have an antenna connected yet (still in the mail) so I am not sure if this will affect basic operation of the module. If I rewire the module to the pre-4.01 wiring (pin 9 PA_EN and pin 10 LNA_EN to VCC, float the GDO's pins 5 and 7) would it help?

Or, should I just buy a NRF24L01 module? Perhaps this one...

www.banggood.com/2_4G-NRF24L01-PA-LNA-Wi...ntenna-p-922601.html

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2015 09:11 #27763 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic CC2500PA question.
That's just a CC2500. The other RF module names - NRF24L01 and SI4432 are just search bait. I'm surprised they don't list A7105 on it as well. And this kind of thing is a real problem on Banggood, ebay and even Amazon these days. Since they put the search bait in the description as well as the title, there's no real way to tell what you're getting other than buying the damn thing.

There are bugs in that nightly build with module detection that cause problems with missing modules. The team deviationTx nightlies have fixes for those in them, but the distribution directory is sort of a mess. Switching to their latest should help with the missing modules issues, though. Since it also has nrf24l01 specific fixes in it, that's recommended if you want to use that module.

The only way to get all three modules working in one Tx is to use the multimodule. It sounds like you don't have one, so ordering an NRF24L01 won't do you much good unless you also order the MM PCB and parts, or take out one of the two you have. But the second BG link is the right module for either use.

Do not try using the CC2500 (or any RF module, for that matter) without an antenna attached. You risk ruining them if you do so.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
17 Jan 2015 14:00 #27768 by avroarrow4ever
Replied by avroarrow4ever on topic CC2500PA question.
Hi MWM, thanks again for saving my behind! I just wrote banggood over this. I really have no use for the CC2500 itself, only bought it thinking it was a multi-TX, and I figure it had such a large RF shield, maybe it does have more than one in it. Live and learn I guess! :oops: I need the NRF24L01 for the SLT protocols, and for future Wltoys items I might buy!

I have the antennas here, just waiting for the cables to arrive. That is the one oddity I find with ordering stuff out of China. Everything was ordered at the same time, and was in stock. The Devo 10 arrived almost two weeks ago, beating my V911 which was ordered two weeks before that and arrived just a few days ago. All of the other items have slowly been trickling in, I hope to get the rest this week.

As for my module installations, I tried to make everything easy to unplug in the event of module failure or upgrade. I read one post where they used Arduino cables to make things easier, which is what I did as well. So the CC2500 will be put away in my parts bin, maybe one day I might buy the multi-module.

Thanks again for info!

More
17 Jan 2015 16:54 - 17 Jan 2015 16:56 #27771 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic CC2500PA question.
Where do you live? Have a nice spare nRF + antenna, would swap for the CC2500.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 17 Jan 2015 16:56 by aMax.

More
18 Jan 2015 01:50 #27782 by avroarrow4ever
Replied by avroarrow4ever on topic CC2500PA question.
I'm in Canada (Hamilton, Ontario). I'll send you a PM.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds