Tool/method for tightening switches?

More
19 Jan 2015 02:43 #27831 by voyn
Hey folks, is there a tool or easy (and non-damaging) method for tightening the switches on the Devo radios? The nut holding in the Gear switch on my 8S came loose during shipping and scratched up the plate behind it. I tightened it up well enough using a flat screwdriver blade but it obviously wasn't ideal and I couldn't tighten it very much without damaging it. Today, I was flying and the RUD D/R switch nut came off in my hand. Lucky I didn't lose it. I'm getting a little tired of dealing with this. Any good suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2015 05:36 #27836 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Tool/method for tightening switches?
I only ever had to tighten them once, when I installed them.. I used a wide screwdriver blade. If they keep coming off, apply a small drop of loctite on the threads, but try not to get any on the plastic.

More
19 Jan 2015 16:01 #27847 by voyn
Replied by voyn on topic Tool/method for tightening switches?
If I can tighten something properly by other means then I generally try to stay away from loctite because it is a bit messy. I suppose it would be cheaper than the 25 euro wrench I finally found on some random site, though. Thanks!

More
20 Jan 2015 00:32 #27868 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Tool/method for tightening switches?
While I had the case apart to add a module I tightened a loose switch by holding the nut by hand while slightly twisting the switch body back and forth. Took a few minutes but got the switch snug.

More
20 Jan 2015 13:16 #27884 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Tool/method for tightening switches?
Here is the tool I use. It's the right size for the Devo7e nuts, and these nuts are an exact replacement. Plus they are in color!

Apex RC Products Red Aluminum JR Radio Switch Nuts #1726 http://r.ebay.com/oRy4OS

The tool is a bit tricky with the 2-way switch but if you line it up right it works perfectly.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
20 Jan 2015 19:08 #27893 by voyn
Replied by voyn on topic Tool/method for tightening switches?
Perfect!!! Thanks so much! I was looking to add some red accents to my Tx anyways, so this couldn't be better.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds