Devo 8S

More
04 Feb 2015 03:27 #28395 by Shawzie
Devo 8S was created by Shawzie
Hey guys,I'm getting a Devo8S feom a friend in a trade, just wondering how it well it works with the deviation firmware? Also,wondering if it's just a matter of downloading the firmware? Anything else or just download the version 4 in the downloads? Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2015 19:08 #28401 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 8S
The 8S works really well with deviationTx. You need the Walkera dfuse tool (information on how to get it is in the manual) to install the firmware, and the deviationTx firmware. While you're getting dfuse, you might grab the latest Walkera firmware as well - you can reinstall it without any issues. To do the install, you'll need to use the dfuse tool to install the dfu, and then copy the filesystem to your transmitter. Details for that are also in the manual.

You don't have to do anything but install the firmware on your Tx to use deviationTx. That will let it use all the Walkera protocols (the original firmware only did the Devo protocol), Spektrum's DSM2 and DSMX protocols, and the Nine Eagles J6Pro protocol.

You can open up the Tx and install more rf modules to use more protocols. FlySky and SLT are in the last release. FrSky is in the various nightly builds (don't run those unless you absolutely have to). A bunch of RTF quad protocols (WLtoys, Hubsan, Syma, etc) are also available. Follow the "Supported models" link in the left hand nav column for a list.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 Feb 2015 01:11 #28403 by Shawzie
Replied by Shawzie on topic Devo 8S
Thanks for the reply,great to know!! I see their are two files for the devo8 in the downloads,a large one and a smaller one,wondering if I download both? Thanks!!

More
24 Feb 2015 05:19 #29071 by ohaya
Replied by ohaya on topic Devo 8S
Hi,

Can anyone point me to similar info for wiring like an NRF24L01 module to the DEVO 8S?

I've already done that to my DEVO 7E, and there's TONS of info on the 7E, but I have an 8S coming in soon and I'd like to add an NRF24L01 to it and maybe an A7105, but I haven't beena able to find much info about locations of the wiring points, how to open the 8S up, etc.

Thanks,
Jim

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds