Another newbie intro

More
08 Feb 2015 16:11 #28454 by ohaya
Another newbie intro was created by ohaya
Hi,

I'm fairly new to all of this... just got a couple of quadcopters this past Christmas, and have gotten "the bug".

The ones I got were the Hubsan X4/H107L and an H107D, and I've also since gotten a Syma H5C-1... All are RTF, but I also just purchased (haven't received it yet) a used Blade Nano BNF, which is what kind of brought me here.

I have a Devo 7E on order, and I guess to start, I'd like to use that with the Nano, since I don't have a transmitter for that, but in the future, I'd also like to try to consolidate some of my transmitters with the 7E or something similar.

I also am interested in potentially using the 7E with simulator software.

Anyway, that's my story for now, and looking forward to working with this :)!

Thanks,,
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2015 17:49 #28460 by Shawzie
Replied by Shawzie on topic Another newbie intro
Hey Jim,

I'm new as well,getting a Devo8S. I had lots of questions as well,what I've done is been playing with the EMU file on my PC and it's answered most of my questions by being able to play with everything. Can't believe how much cool stuff you can do!! It's kept me quite busy the last two days but I've set up all my own models with custom icons and the best part is everything works!! Lol.

More
08 Feb 2015 19:13 #28464 by ohaya
Replied by ohaya on topic Another newbie intro
Hi,

Thanks for mentioning the emulator. I had seen the section in the PDF, but hadn't tried it yet. I'll take a look!

Jim

More
08 Feb 2015 19:16 #28465 by ohaya
BTW, as I mentioned in my OP, I am hoping to use the 7E with DeviationTX and with a Blade Nano BNF. My understanding is that that should work "out-of-box", once I get DeviationTX loaded into the 7E.

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Jim

More
08 Feb 2015 19:27 #28466 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Another newbie intro

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
08 Feb 2015 19:30 #28467 by Shawzie
Replied by Shawzie on topic Another newbie intro
Yes that is correct,but you'll need to either download a pre made model or set up your own. You can find the Nano cpx in the models section.

More
08 Feb 2015 19:39 #28469 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Another newbie intro
Yes, the NanoQX will work out of the box after you upgrade your firmware.

The Hubsan should work after you add an A7105 rf module. The Syma? Not listed on the page aMax pointed you to. But probably needs a different module.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
08 Feb 2015 19:49 #28473 by ohaya

mwm wrote: Yes, the NanoQX will work out of the box after you upgrade your firmware.

The Hubsan should work after you add an A7105 rf module. The Syma? Not listed on the page aMax pointed you to. But probably needs a different module.

For the Hubsan, from what I've read, I should be able to pull that RF module out of any of the Hubsan transmitters that I have, like the one for the X4/H107L?

I also have a Estes Proto-X and I've been able to use all of the Hubsan transmitters with that, so I don't use the original Proto-X transmitter at all, so would that also have the same RF module?

Thanks,
Jim

More
08 Feb 2015 23:56 #28479 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Another newbie intro
Yes, you can generally pull a module out of an old transmitter. I haven't done it to a Hubsan transmitter, so can't say for sure.

And yup, since the Hubsan X4 transmitters can fly the Proto X, you should be able to fly it with the same mods that work with the X4.

However - they tend to use inexpensive, low-power rf modules in these RTF transmitters. If you're thinking about larger outdoor aircraft, you may want to order one with a power amplifier instead.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds