I've hit a wall, can anyone help!?

More
11 Feb 2015 14:30 #28564 by jacklscott3
I've hit a wall, can anyone help!? was created by jacklscott3
Ok so I've been messing with deviation for awhile now and I've figured out the basics and even gone as far as to add multiple modules successfully. But recently I tried adding 2 -3way switches to my Devo 7e and I've hit a wall. I wired them in successfully but it's the code side of it Thats giving me issue. My complete lack of knowledge about code has finally caught up to me. Adding the modules was as easy as adding a few characters to pre-exsisting code but for the switches it seems like so much more. (I'm sure the code guys reading this are laughing at me), but for real it's like trying to read swahiIi in a mirror while standing on my head. So here is where I'm at, I know I need to upgrade to the nightly builds which I haven't don't yet, because I didn't fully understand the instructions, and when I went to the download screen I couldn't figure out what the file for devo7e with EMU in the name was for. I guess the first bridge I need to cross is what steps do I need to take to get the nightly builds firmware on my tx. Then from there I know I need to add some code to the hardware.ini to activate the switches. But I will cross that bridge when I get there. Anyways thank you for any help. I'm tryin my best to learn all this stuff it's nearly become as fun for me to mod my tx as it is fly! Nearly.
Anyways thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2015 15:25 #28565 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic I've hit a wall, can anyone help!?
I presume you have already read the Tutorial thread:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1436-ad...tches-to-the-devo-7e

I also presume you've read the Deviation User Manual for the 7e. If you haven't read it -- and frankly, even if you have read it but haven't experienced the software -- you'll be lost. After a year of Deviation, I still have the PDF open on my desktop.

The EMU in the download file name is the Emulator build. For the most recent full Devo 7e build, "deviation-devo7e-v4.0.1-92e1705", you can install a pc-based emulator to test and refine your model files. I think you'll use this a lot once you get going.

So you're on the right track... don't get discouraged, it's worth the effort. :)

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
11 Feb 2015 16:31 #28567 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic I've hit a wall, can anyone help!?
Your first step...

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...7e-dfu-drivers#27983

Did you wire the "Galee" version?

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
11 Feb 2015 16:33 #28568 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic I've hit a wall, can anyone help!?
I just posted a tutorial on how to write a model.ini file. If you're struggling with the configuration, it might help. If you're still figuring these things out - it might help. And I'd appreciate feedback on it.

Details are in http://deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/3948-tutorial-on-writing-a-model-config-file.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds