Module Question for Devo 7E

More
16 Feb 2015 16:52 #28747 by bugman72
Module Question for Devo 7E was created by bugman72
I am new to the Deviation scene and just received my Devo 7E last Thursday. I've already loaded Deviation on it and everything SEEMS to be working. I say "seems to be" only because I currently do not own any craft that use the protocols NOT requiring additional modules. That is where my questions lie.

When I purchased my 7E from Banggood, I also purchased two modules: an A7105 for my Hubsans and Proto Xs and a NRF24L01 for my Syma X5C and Dromida Ominus. Below are the links to the two modules that I purchased.

A7105 Module

NRF24L01 Module

Now, I'm pretty sure that I'll be good to go with the A7105 module. My question/concern is more directed towards the NRF24L01 module. The one I purchased has an external antenna and, after further reading on the forum, appears to NOT have a PA. Am I going to have trouble with this module once installed? Should I look in to purchasing a different module? Since I fly my Dromida more than my other quads, I am most concerned with making sure this module will work properly.

If this isn't the one I should have purchased, does anyone have a suggestion on which module I should get? Does Banggood have one that will work that I could get in exchange for the one that I hope to receive soon?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2015 16:58 #28749 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Module Question for Devo 7E
The A7105 Module is ok, but the nRf24l01 module will have a weak range for the Ominus. Think about buy another one with PA.

More
16 Feb 2015 17:10 #28750 by bugman72
Replied by bugman72 on topic Module Question for Devo 7E
So, it appears that this might be the one I should get, correct?

MassiveRC NRF24L01 Module

I am then only to assume that I need to get an antenna for this board as well. Is this what I need?

MassiveRC UFL IPX Antenna

More
16 Feb 2015 17:15 #28752 by Durete
Sorry, I forget to put the link for the good one.
This one works perfect, only need to add your own antenna:
www.banggood.com/2_4G-NRF24L01-PA-LNA-Wi...ntenna-p-922601.html

Also, you can but this one including antenna:
www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-...ys-V922-p-89812.html

I installed the second one, ripping the antenna case to install inside the TX.

More
16 Feb 2015 17:16 #28753 by Durete

bugman72 wrote: So, it appears that this might be the one I should get, correct?

MassiveRC NRF24L01 Module

I am then only to assume that I need to get an antenna for this board as well. Is this what I need?

MassiveRC UFL IPX Antenna

Yes, your links from Massive are Ok.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds