Can multiple radio modules share the same antenna?

More
20 Feb 2015 15:07 #28913 by Cereal_Killer
Simple question today, is it possible to solder one main antenna to each of the radio modules all at the same time or will signal back feed from the one in-use radio into all the modules not being used at that particular time and mess stuff up?

I.e. do I need to have a different antenna for every module?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2015 15:31 #28914 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic Can multiple radio modules share the same antenna?
Currently you need to use a separate antenna for each module. To share an antenna among them you'd need an RF switch.

More
20 Feb 2015 15:31 #28915 by vlad_vy
You need to have a different antenna for every module.

More
20 Feb 2015 15:35 #28916 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Can multiple radio modules share the same antenna?
Cool thanks.

I see the multi-module project is to use a single antenna, I'm guessing it includes the RF switching equipment then?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
20 Feb 2015 21:14 #28936 by victzh
There is Single Board Universal Module - it has all the RF chips on one board, RF switch and RF amplifier (PA/LNA), and switching and possibly protocol logic on on-board STM32. It is in development (for now pending).

Multi-Module project is a board hosting several modules each with it's own antenna and small switch implemented on attiny MCU. It's finished, working project.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds