Does this Nano QX ini support changing rate?

More
22 Feb 2015 15:49 #28997 by ohaya
Hi,

I am using the following ini in my DEVO 7E for Nano QX. I know that using the left switch switches to agility mode (LED on QX goes red), but does this ini file also support changing rate (high/low)? And if so, how?
name=Nano QX
mixermode=Advanced
icon=NANOQX.BMP
[radio]
protocol=DSMX
num_channels=6
tx_power=10mW

[protocol_opts]
Telemetry=On

[channel1]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=THR
dest=Ch1
usetrim=0
curvetype=5point
points=-100,-60,0,60,100

[channel2]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
scalar=80
curvetype=expo
points=-20,-20
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=FMODE1
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

[channel3]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch3
scalar=80
curvetype=expo
points=-20,-20
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch3
switch=FMODE1
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

[channel4]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch4
curvetype=expo
points=-15,-15
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch4
switch=FMODE1
curvetype=expo
points=-15,-15

[channel6]
speed=47
template=complex
[mixer]
src=Virt1
dest=Ch6
curvetype=min/max
[mixer]
src=Virt2
dest=Ch6
usetrim=0
curvetype=min/max

[virtchan1]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=HOLD1
dest=Virt1
curvetype=min/max

[virtchan2]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=HOLD1
dest=Virt2
curvetype=min/max

[trim1]
src=LEFT_V
pos=TRIMLV+
neg=TRIMLV-
[trim2]
src=RIGHT_V
pos=TRIMRV+
neg=TRIMRV-
[trim3]
src=LEFT_H
pos=TRIMLH+
neg=TRIMLH-
[trim4]
src=RIGHT_H
pos=TRIMRH+
neg=TRIMRH-
[swash]
type=140
[timer1]
type=countdown
src=THR
time=330
[timer2]
src=THR
[timer4]
src=THR
[safety]
Ch1=min
[gui-qvga]
trim=4in
barsize=half
box1=Ch1
box2=Timer1
box3=Timer2
bar1=Ch1
bar2=Ch2
bar3=Ch3
bar4=Ch4
toggle1=HOLD
tglico1=0,1,0
toggle2=HOLD
tglico2=0,0,0
toggle3=HOLD
tglico3=0,2,0
toggle4=HOLD
tglico4=0,4,0
quickpage1=Model setup
quickpage2=Mixer
quickpage3=None
quickpage4=None

Thanks,
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2015 16:48 - 22 Feb 2015 16:55 #28999 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Does this Nano QX ini support changing rate?
Is should, it looks like that's what they were going for when they wrote it but I'm not sure it's working the gretest. It's definitely using the FMODE switch (FMOD0 is low, FMOD1 is high) but I notice a few things- it's not consistently implemented and the slow rate isnt actually that slow (80%).

If you only wanted DR and not agility mode I could help with that but I havent learned this code enough to help you get both going.

Once quick test would be to change this one line REALLY low, like about 30, and then see if you notice a difference.

This is the whole section so you can find it, change the one line from "scalar=80" to "scalar=30" then test if the aileron is noticeably slower (it should be). That's all I can offer tho, someone else will be along to help more.

[channel2]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
scalar=80 <-change this one like to 30 to test
curvetype=expo
points=-20,-20
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=FMODE1
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

The top part tells it how to behave in regular (switch off / low) mode, the bottom part tells it how to behave with the switch in high (telling it to NOT scale down your input in high mode)

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 22 Feb 2015 16:55 by Cereal_Killer.

More
22 Feb 2015 17:00 #29000 by ohaya
Hi C_K,

I actually have one of the original Txs that came with the BNF Nano (bought it separately, in case I couldn't get the DEVO 7E working), so I can try what you suggest and compare to the "real" Tx.

Thanks,
Jim

More
22 Feb 2015 17:08 #29002 by Cereal_Killer
You wont even need to do that, setting it to 30 (just for the test) will be extremely noticeable.

make that one code change, fly it in FMOD0 (low) mode, apply full aileron and while it's still moving (hopefully slowly) reach up and switch FMOD1 on. It should then take off (may even flip over / crash). If that doesnt happen and it's always fast then it's definitely not working.

More
22 Feb 2015 18:56 #29010 by ohaya
It looks me like:

a) With Scale set to the original "80", there's almost no difference in reaction to the aileron between FMOD0 switch in the 0 or 1 position. In both 0 and 1 position, reaction is relatively "fast" (to me).

b) With Scale set to the "30", there's a big difference in reaction to the aileron between FMOD0 switch in the 0 or 1 position. In the 0 position, reaction is very slight, and in the 1 position, reaction is relatively "fast" (to me).

So it looks like changing the Scale from "80" to "30" does have an effect, i.e., with Scale set to "30", if the FMOD0 switch is in the 0 position, the QX reaction to aileron is very "tame".

FYI, the difference in the QX reaction between "30" and "80" when FMOD0 is in the 1 position vs. the 0 position is very noticeable.

With the setting in the "80" position and FMOD0 set to the 1 position, I can do (or try to do) much "steeper" banked turns than the original "30" setting.

Does that sound about right?

If so, what setting could be made such that when FMOD0 is in the 0 position, it's a little more like the 80 value, but not quite what it is? In other words such that FMOD0 set to 0 is a little more aggressive than it is with Scale set to "80', but not quite as aggressive as when FMOD0 is set to 1?

Jim

More
22 Feb 2015 19:01 #29011 by ohaya
C_K,

Sorry, re-reading my post above, I didn't say it well. I'll need to change what I said....

In a bit...

More
22 Feb 2015 19:07 - 22 Feb 2015 19:08 #29012 by ohaya
Ok, let me try again:

a1) With Scale set to "30", and FMOD0 set to 0, reaction to aileron is very minimal.

a2) With Scale seto to "30", and FMOD0 set to 1, reaction to aileron is relatively fast. Much different than with FMOD0 set to 0.

b1) With Scale set to "80", reaction to aileron is relatively fast, regardless if FMOD0 is set to 0 or 1.

In other words, with Scale set to "80", I can choose if I want aileron reaction to be minimal or relatively fast by changing FMOD0 switch to 0 vs. 1 position, whereas

With Scale set to "30", aileron reaction is relatively fast, regardless of whether FMOD0 switch is in the 0 vs. 1 position.

Jim

EDIT: fixed a typo.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2015 19:08 by ohaya.

More
22 Feb 2015 19:42 #29014 by Cereal_Killer
Jim,

I'm away from my desk right now so I can't see the code (formatted like code should be with proper sintax) and I can't type on a touch screen very well either so just a short reply...

Changing that single line from 80 to 30 wasn't meant as something to be a perminate change or to make it fly better, it'll probably even fly worse. The only thing we wanted with that (which is exactly what we got) was to use it to see if infact DR is working, which it is. That's why we made such a drastic change, IRL you'll want your slow rate to be a good bit higher than 30).

Will reply more shortly...
Dan

More
22 Feb 2015 19:55 #29015 by ohaya
No problem re. reply. I was just rushed to give feedback and then the correction in case you read my 1st response, which I think was a bit confusing, if nothing else.

Understood about this being a test :)...

Later,
Jim

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds