Power emission and compatibility.

More
06 Mar 2015 17:42 #29409 by saidem
Power emission and compatibility. was created by saidem
Hello,
I would like to know in which cases the different powers are used
100, 300 microW, 1,3,10,30,100,150mW?
Why not use the Modified diode Devo 7E with Devention, because I think it would amount to the same thing as the Devo 10?
If someone can tell me thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2015 20:53 #29414 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Power emission and compatibility.
generally, a weaker power will result in a shorter range.
For indoor flying, you don't typically need more than about 1mW. For park flying, 10mW is generally sufficient. For longer range, 100mW or 150mW. Note that 150mW wll not provide a lot more range than 100mW but it will consume batteries a lot faster. battery life will be longer with lower power, and you won't cause as much interference.

More
07 Mar 2015 10:04 #29426 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Power emission and compatibility.
Thanks PB for your hard work and for giving me the answer. OK for power, it might be good to put this in the generalities of Deviation because the posts are diluted over time and this information is difficult to find. If I can help you that will be with pleasure.
Also I have no answer to my second question about the power change without firmware change.

More
07 Mar 2015 13:55 #29431 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Power emission and compatibility.
sorry, I didn't understand your 2nd question when I 1st read it.
You can use Devention with the diode mod, butyou will be locked into 15mW mode. This will drain your battery quicklyand is too much power for what most people use their devo7e for. It is rude to any fellow flyers to use full power if only flying in a park/indoor. In theory a 150mW signal can control a model 1500m away or more (though I've never seen that kind of range myself)

The devo7e is not a devo10 in harware. you can't run the devo10 firmware on it. Deviation allows you to bring out everything the Devo7e can deliver. It also allows mods like additional switches/modules. Because of hardware limitations, there are things it cannot do, that the Devo10 does (basically it doesn't have enough memory to hold the code for all the features we've developed)

More
07 Mar 2015 19:36 #29443 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Power emission and compatibility.
OK thank you very much for all this information, I keep them for easy retrieval. I share with my friends setting values to make depending on the flight environment. The comparison with the 10 or Devo Devo8 helps me too. So I see that he is not happy to make the mod power (shunt diode) remaining under Devention. In this case is it increases slightly or not? From 7,10mW to 15mW?

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds