Missing Modules nrf24l01

More
12 Mar 2015 16:26 #29603 by syedgakbar
Missing Modules nrf24l01 was created by syedgakbar
Hi,

I'm having the famous missing module issue. I have Devo 7e, and recently tried to install the A7105 and NRF2410L+ modules. I'm using the latest nightly build, and even though A7105 modules work fine, I can't seem to make the NRF2410L module work.

I tried with two different NRF2410L modules (both have PA), and having a different result with each one. I'm positive that I have the correct lines uncommented in hardware.ini, and tried both A13 and A14 ports.

With one module, as soon as I plug the module, the Transmitter will not power-on i.e. turning up the power doesn't do anything. At first I thought that I fried the main board, but when I unplug that module, the transmitter boots fine.

With second NRF2410L module, the transmitter starts, but displays the missing module error on start-up. I tried to re-wire these multiple times, but no success so far. Is there some kind of debug or error log which can help me correctly identify the exact reason why the detection is failing.

Or you have some suggestions which I should try out to isolate the issue?

BTW, in case you are wondering how I plug and unplug these modules for testing, I'm installed the following JST connectors in my Devo 7e:
www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Micro-JST-2...sets/1536818726.html

Regards, Akbar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2015 17:04 #29609 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Missing Modules nrf24l01
Is the A7105 plugged in when you test the nRF? If so, can you test with just the nRF?

The latest nightly reports the nRF missing if the expected data is not received from the device over SPI. About the only things that can be wrong are a bad module or a wiring problem. No log that I know of.

More
13 Mar 2015 08:07 #29630 by syedgakbar
Replied by syedgakbar on topic Missing Modules nrf24l01
hexfet,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried with the nRF only too (A7105 plugged out), but still no success. The A7105 works on both A13 and A14. I have tried the wiring multiple times using following connection:
www.hacksmods.com/wp-content/uploads/201...tionx_module_mod.jpg

So, most probably I have damaged some circuit prints or the module itself. I think best option will be to buy another one.

Regards, Akbar

More
13 Mar 2015 17:19 #29653 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Missing Modules nrf24l01
I have both modules installed in my 7E running the 3/5 nightly. I just added the NRF module in when upgrading to that nightly last week.

I wired it a little differently, I have my 2 modules sharing the same connections for power, only the data wires are their own. Take a look, if you'd like to give my exact HW file a shot let me know and I'll upload it to my Dropbox for you.

File Attachment:

same pic, slightly different angle.

File Attachment:

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
24 Mar 2015 06:37 #30166 by syedgakbar
Well guys, after buying and installing a new nrf24l01+ module, it actually works without any issues. I still can't believe it, but it works flawless. I can fly my v911 and JXD 385 with single transmitter now.

Amazing, thanks a lot this great and active community, and specially PB for taking the initiative and building just an amazing piece of software.

Cereal_Killer, looks like I was not alone when I was thinking of sharing these cables. Here is a picture of my configuration:

Attachments:

More
24 Mar 2015 16:50 #30200 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Missing Modules nrf24l01

syedgakbar wrote: Cereal_Killer, looks like I was not alone when I was thinking of sharing these cables. Here is a picture of my configuration:

Hey man, I see you don't have your extra switches hooked up yet, do you need the diodes? I ordered 100 and only used 4. LMK and I'll drop you a set in the mail (no charge).

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
25 Mar 2015 07:24 #30231 by syedgakbar

Cereal_Killer wrote:
Hey man, I see you don't have your extra switches hooked up yet, do you need the diodes? I ordered 100 and only used 4. LMK and I'll drop you a set in the mail (no charge).

Now that's so nice of you, but I have already got about 20 in the stock. It's just that I couldn't get the time out to install these yet. Hopefully, will try it this weekend.

Once again thank you for the generous offer.

More
25 Mar 2015 21:41 #30266 by 30secs
Replied by 30secs on topic Missing Modules nrf24l01
which switches are you guys talking about? interested in this mod..

More
25 Mar 2015 22:25 #30270 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Missing Modules nrf24l01

30secs wrote: which switches are you guys talking about? interested in this mod..

First post has info and where to buy the switches as well as photos.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1918045

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds