What Devo is the easiest to install a module

More
30 Mar 2015 12:34 #30452 by mrbeefy
Im a noob and this noob is planning to buy a cheap model DEVo to fly a hubsan, blade and syma quad, what will your recommendation TX that is easiest to mod (solder) and have better support . Thanks a million!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2015 22:59 #30502 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic What Devo is the easiest to install a module
They're all pretty similar from a soldering perspective.

More
30 Mar 2015 23:15 #30503 by Deal57
Have to agree... Soldering the modules is intricate but not that difficult. That being said your module needs to support the protocols of the helis and quads you are flying. Blade protocol is usually covered by the internal CYF module, but the others you mention require different modules. It's just as easy to install them both at the same time if you take your time.
Deviation Models

The learning curve is pretty much the same with one or two modules, cuz you've still got to learn how the ini's work! Good luck and stay in touch.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
31 Mar 2015 00:41 #30509 by Jasenk
From what I see here, Devo 7E is a bit different than the other, but you v=can add 2 more switches. I have a Devo 10(black) and it have pretty much everything I need and the price isn't bad either. I think $150 US now in white. I think the color versions with touch screens are easier for some to set up. Not sure exactly, but I think the DEVO 8 and 12S are color with touch screen. It's one of those things where once I have spent some time with the DEVO 10 and I've gotten familiar with it, it's not a big deal to navigate. Also, once it's set up there not much more to keep playing with. Some minor tweaks here and there per model but for me this is part of the hobby.

Good luck choosing. Sometimes what I have just isn't enough and I end up upgrading later, hence the DEVO 7 to the DEVO 10. I should have got the DEVO 10 option when I first bought my Walkera "NEW" V120D02S. Next thing you know I'll want something with First Person View. I already have a HD camera the records but no live view. This hobby gets a hold and won't let go.

-Jasen

More
31 Mar 2015 10:06 #30531 by Block137
Replied by Block137 on topic What Devo is the easiest to install a module
DEVO 12 is a pain to open IMO.

More
31 Mar 2015 20:52 #30577 by mwm
As noted, the Devo 7e is a bit crowded. The Devo 6S even more so. The 6S, 8S and 12S are color touch screen. I find the 6S touch screen a bit small for my fat fingers.

If you're planning on doing aerial photography and want to control a gimbal, the 10 and 12S are the only ones with dials.

PB has written a description of them all .

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds