cx 10 problems solved

More
01 Apr 2015 16:56 #30627 by pmc
cx 10 problems solved was created by pmc
i have a sollution for anybody who wants to fly the cx 10 with the devo transmitter.It works with any version of the cx10.
I removed the controls from the cx 10 transmitter and connected the inputs to the devo controls.The mode switch is now connected to the hold switch and the flip switch to the f mode switch.The devo controls use 0-3volts so this works great.You need to make a new connection to the battery to supply 3volts for the cx 10 transmitter.
als i changed the lipo for a 160mah nano tech for extra flight time.
i know its a compleet hardware sollution but it works great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2015 18:05 #30633 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic cx 10 problems solved
WOW! :ohmy: That's one way to do it lol but dude, if you're in the US I'll gladly GIVE you an NRF module, I have plenty of spares in my crap drawer.

One thing really concerns me, that's the use of mismatched batteries. No NiMH's arnt nearly as dangerous as Li cells (NEVER do that with any type of Li battery!!) but it's just bad practice in general to mix batteries. The issue isnt as much the different brand names, it's the capacity difference (and really, can you even trust the unknown brand's rating?) the smaller cell's will run empty first and the still full cells will have a large increased load placed on them as the now-empty one's attempt to reverse charge (both aspects of that are dangerous, the jump in amp draw and the backwards charging). If it were Li cells it would cause a "vent" (aka explosion and fire) probably the first time used...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
01 Apr 2015 18:19 #30634 by pmc
Replied by pmc on topic cx 10 problems solved
hi
thanks for the tip but the 4 batteries that you see are nimh and ofcourse you should never mix.The lipo is in the heli so i think you misunderstood me.As for the nrf module ,thats also fitted(onder the black tape but not all models of the cx 10 will fly with the nrf module so this works with any model.i have a version thats doesnt work with nrf module and yd717 protocol.iheard the blue pcb wont work.

More
01 Apr 2015 20:09 #30637 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic cx 10 problems solved
No I didn't misunderstand. I recognize those are all NiMH's batteries in the 4s carrier to your Tx... the issue is that they're mismatched to one-another, not as in the chemistry but as in individual cell capacities, that causes one or more to die before the others are depleted and that is where the reverse charging and the higher than normal draw [from the still partially full ones] happens.

I'm not sure on the last part as I don't have anything that's yd717 but I thought that was an A7105 based protocol (in which case my offer stands to give you one of those, as I also have spares of them).

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
07 Apr 2015 03:45 #30864 by 30secs
Replied by 30secs on topic cx 10 problems solved

Cereal_Killer wrote: No I didn't misunderstand. I recognize those are all NiMH's batteries in the 4s carrier to your Tx... the issue is that they're mismatched to one-another, not as in the chemistry but as in individual cell capacities, that causes one or more to die before the others are depleted and that is where the reverse charging and the higher than normal draw [from the still partially full ones] happens.

I'm not sure on the last part as I don't have anything that's yd717 but I thought that was an A7105 based protocol (in which case my offer stands to give you one of those, as I also have spares of them).

Cereal Killer.. i will take you up on the module ship if you're offering. i'll gladly pay for your postage :)

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds