Devo 7e/10 User Manual corrections/enhancements

More
08 Apr 2015 14:41 - 10 Apr 2015 18:51 #30908 by seurat
Hi,

I would like to propose the following correction to the DEvo 7e/10 user's manual, section 11, emulator controls: split the table into 2 columns, one for Devo 10 and one for Devo 7e.

Seurat
Last edit: 10 Apr 2015 18:51 by seurat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2015 21:34 #30918 by mwm
Any chance you could grab the sources and make the changes yourself to show us? It's written with LibreOffice, which is free.

If you're going to do that, it would be even better if you could clone the manual from the team deviationTx repository, make push the changes to your version, and create a pull request.

If you have any questions about doing any of these things, don't hesitate to ask. If you'd rather not, could you use the "Bug Tracker" link on the left and open an issue there with this information?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
10 Apr 2015 17:56 #30997 by seurat
Yes, I could do that if you point me to the source doc.
It will be a nice opportunity to learn how to work with the repository tools/process.

More
10 Apr 2015 18:02 #30999 by mwm
Click the "Links" Link on the left. You'll find a link labelled "deviationTx team repository". Follow that, and you'll get the list of team repositories, and the manual is in "deviation-manual".

More
10 Apr 2015 18:50 #31003 by seurat
Do I have to create my own account and repo in Bitbucket in order to push the edited file before creating the pull request?
I have already cloned the deviation-manual repo and edited the English and German manuals.

More
10 Apr 2015 19:15 #31006 by mwm
As far as I know, you can't create a pull request on bitbucket except from a repository on bitbucket, which means you need an account.
So unfortunately I believe the answer yes. Actually, you should have done that first.

You'll want to create an account, and then create a clone of the repository on bitbucket. Now you can use the URL of your repository to push your changes to it. I'd advise editing .hg/hgrc to set the default path to that URL, as you may want to push to it more than once. Once you've got the changes on bitbucket, you can create the pull request.

If you're thinking about doing more work on the manual, you might add a note asking to be added to the team so you can merge your own changes in the future.

More
10 Apr 2015 19:27 #31008 by seurat
Got it, thanks.
I'll go ahead and create an account, correct the .hg/hgrc, push the changes and create a pull request.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds