Simple vs complex mixer. What am I missing out on?

More
11 Apr 2015 04:12 #31029 by perfectprint
I downloaded a few nano cpx configs for the Devo 7E which were created using the complex mixer. I found that these profile were unfliable. I had already programmed in my own simple mixer profile a while back to familiarize myself with the process and found it to work just fine.

Can someone enlighten me on what I might be missing out on with complex mixing? What kind of mixing permutations can increase performance and control over just the basic set up?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2015 08:25 - 11 Apr 2015 08:29 #31034 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Simple vs complex mixer. What am I missing out on?
Hi,
Why don`t you change your working heli simple gui model to complex? You could copy your model #1 to #2.
It will show you all saved mixes in advanced gui mode then.

Unflyable: Why that?
Cant really tell what the guys do.
Its FBL.
The only thing you can program for a Nanocpx are
-Throttle hold
- fixed throttle curve / V curve
- 3x pitch curve
- flight mode switch

Why should that get you an unflyable heli? I dont understand.

With a complex mixer you can get 3 D/R settings by two switches.
Are the D/R settings your problem?

For sure you will not get a solution without going into detail on a remote debug basis.

I would suggest to Check the monitor and 3 cyclic servos when the Nano is on table if all goes right with pitch, roll, nick.
All with TH activated.

Thomas
Last edit: 11 Apr 2015 08:29 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
11 Apr 2015 10:01 #31037 by perfectprint
Replied by perfectprint on topic Simple vs complex mixer. What am I missing out on?
Thanks. My question was not to get to the bottom of why whoevers' models I was using were troublesome for me, I am sure I can go in and figure it out.
I am wondering what the disadvantages are, if any, over using just the simple mixer vs the complex mixer with the nano. Is it just gaining an extra d/r state?

More
11 Apr 2015 16:20 #31044 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Simple vs complex mixer. What am I missing out on?
It's more than just that, there's lots of stuff you're missing, especially with you being a Heli polit (which I'm not, I just living room fly a couple nano FP's) but a lot of folks will mix in some rudder with ailerons (or vise-versa) so it's easier to fly (have a switch enable / disable this mixing) like a plane.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
11 Apr 2015 18:57 #31049 by perfectprint
Replied by perfectprint on topic Simple vs complex mixer. What am I missing out on?
ah, ok. i think i am beginning to understand the concept. ill have to fly my cp a little more to get to know its behavior. the programming aspect of it is still beyond me, ill have to do some more reading on that.

in the meantime does anyone have any specific mixing scenarios for a smaller cp heli they could share? thank you!

More
11 Apr 2015 19:15 - 11 Apr 2015 19:16 #31051 by mwm
Are you asking about the advantages of using the Standard GUI vs. the Advanced GUI, or of the advantages you can get using a complex mix, which is only available in the Advanced GUI?

Complex mixes let you do f*ing magic. Want your flight mode to switch states based on a stick input (Blade 350QX/200QX/200SRX stagility modes)? They can do that. Want to be able to control the point where that switch happens (dialable stagility mode)? No problem. Want to have a switch that toggles the rudder channel to init a blade flight control board? Sure, it can do that. Want to sweep a channel back and forth regularly for a range mode test? Yup, it can do that as well.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 11 Apr 2015 19:16 by mwm.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds