DSMX/DSM2- zero range [SOLVED!!!]

More
13 Dec 2016 19:01 - 13 Dec 2016 19:08 #56798 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic DSMX/DSM2- zero range [SOLVED!!!]

QUADDESIGN wrote: I believe software requests 150mW at full power for the stock CYRF module.

And the PA may not be active unless you are using a protocol on that module but the module itself is powered when you power on the radio. You can test and you will see voltage being pulled unless you put switches on your NRF and A7105 modules. Otherwise they are not on a switched power source besides the big switch for the entire radio.

The modules won't be pushing out anything but they are still powered. So that is really 100ma+, NRF no PA and A7105 this is why I believe the diode is burning up.

And a resistor could work but I believe the wasted energy as heat would or could eventually cause other issues. The diode does it more efficiently I'm guess at that current and voltage? Not sure don't quote me on that.

Better not...;)
but there is always one modul on, except you are in USBHID mode.
All other modules are in Sleepmode and what they draw is measured in microamps., what I would call nothing.

For the diode, donĀ“t get me wrong, I meant the part on the CYRF module, which has to be bridged. This can be easly
mesured with a MMeter, especially you have removed it from there.
...resistor...10K.
If you do some research, will know why this trace is not completely blocked by a diode. The CYRF chip can output 3mw max,
but the Devo7e is rated below 10mW output, to be exact 7mW, Hence the pa must be active but not reach a higher
amplification factor/step.
They cut / limit the switch voltage for these steps.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 13 Dec 2016 19:08 by aMax. Reason: this editor is....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2016 19:46 - 13 Dec 2016 19:49 #56800 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic DSMX/DSM2- zero range [SOLVED!!!]
You guys are talking about different things totally...

aMax is talking about the mod to increase the RF output to full power in the CYRF module, what's known as "the range mod". QD is talking about the diode to drop from ~5.4v to 5v in the VCC line to the stock Devo (CYRF) module... Many of our problems (mine that this thread is about included) are contributed to that SOT-123 diode

QD: that diode ONLY powers the stock Devo module, all other modules get powered @ 3v3. Regardless of which extra modules you add that diode is only relevant to the CYRF module

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 13 Dec 2016 19:49 by Cereal_Killer.

More
13 Dec 2016 23:24 #56805 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic DSMX/DSM2- zero range [SOLVED!!!]

Cereal_Killer wrote: You guys are talking about different things totally...

LOL, my bad.
This proves its no good reading only the last three posts and rely on some key words.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
27 May 2017 17:53 #62609 by William
Replied by William on topic DSMX/DSM2- zero range [SOLVED!!!]
hello, i have this prob, maybe you can post a picture of this diode and what the new for change. thank.

William

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds