is it normal missing modules?

More
11 May 2015 13:09 #32388 by mrbeefy
is it normal missing modules? was created by mrbeefy
sometimes when i turn on my devo it will shows that im missing the 2 modules i installed, shutting down and turning back on fixes it but is this glitch normal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2015 14:17 #32390 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic is it normal missing modules?
Normal? No (at least mine has never done that) but you gotta remember this is experimental, only community supported FW for a Chinese product, it doesn't necessarily mean it's broken either.

How's your soldering / wiring? Post up a pic and we'll let you know if it's something basic like a bad solder joint / partly broken wire.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
11 May 2015 15:10 #32391 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic is it normal missing modules?
My devo10 does that. My devo6 never does. The 10 seems to be temperature-related - either very cold or very hot. My suspicion is my poor soldering abilities. I recently rewired it, so we'll see if it's still happening.

May be an issue with flaky wiring to one of the pins on the motherboard that would never show in normal use.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
11 May 2015 15:17 #32392 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic is it normal missing modules?
generally this is due to the power-on sequence. I see it all the time in the various modules I test. I haven't found a good way to avoid it. I don't think it is necessarily related to your soldering skills, but it maybe related to parasitic capacitances. In any case, it is not uncommon.

More
11 May 2015 23:18 - 11 May 2015 23:19 #32414 by Antfurn
Replied by Antfurn on topic is it normal missing modules?
My still unmodified devo12s does this about 20% of the time when switching it on for the first time. Wasn't an issue with the standard walkera firmware. But happy to put up with it for the awesomeness that is deviation B)
Last edit: 11 May 2015 23:19 by Antfurn.

More
12 May 2015 01:31 #32418 by PhracturedBlue
what version of deviation are you using? I switched from using the reset pin to a different reset sequence. That may have some affect on an unmodified tx.

More
12 May 2015 03:21 #32423 by Jon.m.barter
Replied by Jon.m.barter on topic is it normal missing modules?

mrbeefy wrote: sometimes when i turn on my devo it will shows that im missing the 2 modules i installed, shutting down and turning back on fixes it but is this glitch normal?

I had a similar issue at first with my devo 6s. but it had to do with a faulty a7105 module, more likely because I botched the job while I was scavenging it.

More
12 May 2015 14:44 #32448 by mrbeefy
Replied by mrbeefy on topic is it normal missing modules?
im also using the devo 12S and it seems related to voltage when my devo drops to 3.6V it will start doing it .

More
12 May 2015 18:15 - 12 May 2015 18:25 #32462 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic is it normal missing modules?
I have this issue since two weeks....getting better with my SCP, I am now using Tom Z's normal and 3D model for the Super CP...(Devo)
If I power off with one of these models selected, then there is a 30% chance to get a missing module message (every time it is the NRF)
This does not happen with model files build with any nightly.....my own SCP model files.
The A7105-D03 is not involved, even with old files e.g.. V911...
My 7e is working since one year without any troubles, though...... :unsure:

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 12 May 2015 18:25 by aMax.

More
12 May 2015 22:51 #32472 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic is it normal missing modules?

PhracturedBlue wrote: generally this is due to the power-on sequence. I see it all the time in the various modules I test. I haven't found a good way to avoid it. I don't think it is necessarily related to your soldering skills, but it maybe related to parasitic capacitances. In any case, it is not uncommon.

Is there some workaround I can try? Or should power cycling to reset everything while the capacitors are charged solve it?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
12 May 2015 23:21 #32473 by PhracturedBlue
if you don't have a multimodule, you could try disabling the multimodule support and see if that helps. That may help identify a software issue. I don't recall the problem being common on Deviation 4.0.1. Or try running 4.0.1 and see how that behaves.

other than that, I'm not sure how to debug. this has infuriated me because as soon as I install a logic analyzer, the issue goes away, so I can't actually debug.
you could also try using 'force=1' in the [modules] section of the hardware.ini.
That will prevent the modules from disabling even if they aren't detected. if communication still works, that would imply that the module detection doesn't work reliably.

More
13 May 2015 08:00 #32486 by Antfurn
Replied by Antfurn on topic is it normal missing modules?
I'm running the 4.01 august nightly build.

PhracturedBlue wrote: what version of deviation are you using? I switched from using this reset pin to a different reset sequence. That may have some affect on an unmodified tx.

More
13 May 2015 16:09 #32499 by Jon.m.barter
Replied by Jon.m.barter on topic is it normal missing modules?
I would consider checking the wiring again, or even replacing the modules to see if that helps. I have new extras lying around I can sell if that helps

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds