Need help registering circuitboard image

More
22 May 2015 16:02 #32870 by PhracturedBlue
Need help registering circuitboard image was created by PhracturedBlue
I need to register (align) the front and back circuit board images for the devof12e so I can more easily trace connectivity.
Normally I work in GIMP with 3 layers:
1) top
2)bottom (flipped along y-axis)
3) drawing layer
I can turn on/off or adjust the transparency on the top/bottom layers such that I can follow the traces from source to destination.
I've done this previously with the devo8/10/12 with good success, but I'm having a heck of a time getting the images aligned properly for the f12e. basically I need to stretch/rotate the bottom image so all the holes line up. Due to my inadequate imaging setup the perspective is slightly off meaning there is some trapezoidal scalingthat needs to be overcome.

Anyone with photoshop or GIMP skills want to tackle it for me?
The images are here:
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...o-f12e-circuit-board

I want to preserve the full resolution, which means you likely can't upload the fixed file here. If you need help getting it to me, try PM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2015 16:39 - 22 May 2015 16:44 #32872 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Need help registering circuitboard image
I'll give it a go in some CAD S/W that I have. What format do you need it back in, jpeg? Of course, taking the pics from straight above the board would have helped out to eliminate the parallax. ;-)

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)
Last edit: 22 May 2015 16:44 by RedSleds.

More
22 May 2015 16:56 #32873 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Need help registering circuitboard image
I agree that if I had spent another 5 minutes on the setup, I could have gotten better images. Probably should have done so given how long it took to remove/install the board from the Tx. But I'm not about to rip it out again to fix it. Every time I pull one of those micro headers, I'm afraid of damaging something.

I need it back in something GIMP can handle. That is probably just about any image format out there.

More
22 May 2015 17:15 - 22 May 2015 17:22 #32874 by ursus69
Replied by ursus69 on topic Need help registering circuitboard image

Is not perfect, but better than nothing! ;)
Sorry, I don't have more time now.. ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 May 2015 17:22 by ursus69.

More
22 May 2015 17:25 #32875 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Need help registering circuitboard image
Thanks. It is good enough for my needs

More
22 May 2015 23:53 #32882 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Need help registering circuitboard image
Not sure if it would have helped in this case (didn't try it), but for these kind of pics in the GIMP I often lay down a bunch of horizontal and vertical guides and then use the... umm... stretchy tool thing, to get all of the relevant edges/traces straight. (looks like in the latest GIMPs it's changed to "cage-transform", I think I'm still using 2.4 :silly: )

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds