Mixing 3-way switch and aux knob

More
28 May 2015 12:04 #33109 by brerax
Mixing 3-way switch and aux knob was created by brerax
I’m really a n00b when it comes to configuring more advanced function so if anyone could help me it would be very much appreciated.

I would like to control my gimbal tilt with a combination of a 3-way switch and a aux knob. I would like the gimbal to have two different fixed positions (forwards and straight down) when the switch is in position 0 and 2. When the switch is position 1 I would like to have full control of the gimbal with the aux knob.

Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2015 14:15 #33118 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Mixing 3-way switch and aux knob
It's possible on the devo side absolutely but can your flight / gimbal controller handle it? I.e. does it accept RC input for gimbal commands?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
28 May 2015 15:45 #33126 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Mixing 3-way switch and aux knob
Yup, it's possible. I've done it with a number of different gimbals.

Basically, you need a gimbal that lets you control position - not velocity - with an analog input. Set up the mixer so that mix 1 uses the Aux knob you want for input. Mix 2 and 3 will then have fixed output for the position you want, controlled by the switch in positions 0 and 2.

I typically set mine up so that the max travel on Aux is straight forward and straight down, then set up the switch positions so that 0 a down a bit but mostly forwards, and 1 is forward a bit but mostly down, so i have five positions that are easy to get to. I used to use 0 & 2 with 1 being on the knob, but found that having the gimbal do effectively random things as I went through 1 going from 0 to 2 was undesirable.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 May 2015 16:17 #33130 by brerax
Replied by brerax on topic Mixing 3-way switch and aux knob
Okay, thanks. I will have to look into that. I’m still not sure how to do it but it sound like it shouldn’t be too difficult.
I also thought about if having the aux knob on position 1 would confuse the gimbal but I guess that I just have to try and see how it behaves.

More
28 May 2015 17:27 #33138 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Mixing 3-way switch and aux knob
MWM makes a good point, it would be better to use either position 0 or position 2 as the POT switch, that way you have your different options in order, 0 being straight down, 1 being straight out and 2 being what you command with the pot, that way it's easier and quick to switch from down to out, you dont have to go threw the POT controlled position going from the two most basic positions.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds